Chapter 20

***TWO YEARS LATER***

"Daddy! Daddy! Wake up!" I was woken up to my little girl jumping on me.

"What Maci, what?" I groaned rolling over in my bed.

"I have school today silly!" She exclaimed jumping on my bed.

"Okay okay. I'm up." I sat up, grabbing Maci, tickling her sides.

"Dad! Stop!" She squealed and I stopped tickling her.

"Go change into your uniform that we laid out last night and I'll start breakfast." I told her getting out of my bed and Maci skipped out of the room.

I can't believe my little girl has grown up so much. It feels like yesterday that she was my little 3 year old who couldn't eat without getting food everywhere, or still peed the bed sometimes. Now today is her first day of school.

I cracked 3 eggs and scrambled them while making some toast and bacon. Maci was done getting ready with her shoes on a backpack by the time I was finished cooking. She sat down and made sure that she all over her stuff and I made our plates.

"Maci, come eat." I called into the living room.

We had moved into a new place, it was a bit roomier. It was actually a house. Two story and it's a two bedroom. Both of our rooms are nice sized and I have a bathroom and there is a bathroom that connects to Maci's room and the hallway. There is a bathroom downstairs, a play room/ game room, living room, dining room, and the kitchen. That's really all.

"Dad, I'm scared." Maci sat down across from me at the 4 seater table.

I was waiting for that to come, I knew it would eventually. "Well I was scared on my first day too." I took a bite of my strawberry jam covered toast.

"Really?" She asked picking at her bacon.

"Sure was. But everyone is nice and you will get to play and learn." I said with much enthusiasm to get her excited.

"That sound so cool!" She exclaimed.

"And you'll make lots of friends to have come over." I grinned.

"I can't wait. I'm going to hurry so we can leave!" Maci smiled shoving food into her mouth.

"Don't eat to fast." I said finishing my food up.

It took her another 5 minutes to finish and I put the dishes in the sink and she put on her jacket, and grabbed her backpack. I grabbed my phone, wallet, and car keys and we walked out to the garage.

I got in the front seat and Maci climbed into her booster seat in the back. I buckled up and waiting for the click signaling that Maci had buckled up and I pulled out. I drove to Maci's school and once we pulled up I got out and she walked to my side grabbing my hand.

"Let's get you to class." I said using the paper that showed where each class was and Maci was in Mrs. Bradford's class.

After a short walk getting around everyone we reached her class and I could tell that she was nervous by the way she was playing with the ends of her fairly long hair and stayed tied up to my hip.

"Hi! You must be little Maci." Her teacher greeted us.

"Your a bit early which is fine, just gives you more time to get yourself situated and while you do that, I will talk to your dad." Mrs. Bradford dropped the hint that she wanted to talk to me and Maci went to find her seat.

"Is there any type of allergies-"

"I have everything written down." I handed her a paper.

"Well then looks like your all set, would you like to say good-bye?"

I nodded smiling and went over to Maci's table, her seat and she had her stuff out and already organized. She's like me, neat. That's how I raised her. "Maci, I have to go to work. I'll be here at 3 to pick you up." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek and I guess that's when she really got upset.

"Daddy I don't want you to go." She cried, tears filling her eyes in a heartbeat.

"I have to honey, I need to work. Make some friends in have some fun okay." I said kneeling down, hugging the little girl.

"You promise?" Maci looked up at me with puppy dog eyes.

"I promise." I smiled wiping her tears away."Don't cry in front of everyone." I nudged her side watching people come in and she giggled.

"Okay dad."

I smiled at her and stood up walking out of the room. My phone rang and I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked the answer button.

"Hi Liam!" Niall's voice rang loudly through the phone.

"Hey Ni, I'm on my way to the studio now." I said walking through the somewhat busy school hallways. It makes me feel like I'm in school again.

"Great. How did Maci do."

"She was excited then when I was getting ready to leave she cried but she's okay." I replied walking outside.

"Awe that sucks... But hey I gotta go. I'll see you at the studio." Niall said before hanging up.

I pulled my phone away from me ear but then rammed into someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I grabbed the person's arm.

"No no, that's okay. I wasn't paying attention." The person said, now known as a girl.

"I wasn't either. Liam." I put out my hand to shake.

"Amy. Well Amelia. " She said awkwardly.

"Well it was nice to meet you Amelia." I replied smiling before waving, soon walking away to my car.

It wasn't a really long drive to get to the studio and I walked in smiling at Preston who was there waiting. "I haven't seen you here for a while." He nudges the side of my arm.

"I know. It feels good to be back." I smiled at him as we walked down the hall.

"I hope you don't mind a half naked Niall." He said.

"Nah, you get used to it." I answered shaking my head. "Just get me something to throw at him."

"There are m&m's in the main studio room if that works." He shrugged and I chuckled at him. Even though he's a security guard, he's pretty cool and enjoys pranks.

He once helped us prank Paul. We covered him in sharpie, paint, and a ton of makeup. Which was hilarious when he woke up, he had to right away help us out so he had to go out covered with makeup, sharpie, and paint all over him. I couldn't tell if he was blushing or it was the makeup.

"Liam!" I heard the happy shouts of my bandmates echoed through the room and I laughed when they surround me in a hug.

"Hi guys." I hugged them back in our little huddle.

"How is Maci?" Zayn asked.

"She cried when I was about to leave but she's okay." I answered.

"Any girls we don't know about?" Harry wigged his eyebrows and I shook my head,

"What about you dorks?" I ask slinging a arm around Louis and Niall.

They all shrugged and shook there heads besides Zayn. We all stared at Harry motioned him to continue. "Perrie's pregnant." He said with the tiniest hint of a blush on his face.

"What!"

"Oh my god!"

"You guys be gettin' it on!"

We all stopped and turned to Harry. "What!?"

"Forget about that. Are you ready to be a dad?" I turned back to Zayn.

"That's my problem. What if I'm a horrible dad?" He sighed and I pulled Zayn over to me.

"The way you handle problems, trust me Zayn. With a little work you will be a great father." I assured him.

"Thanks mate." Zayn smile happily.

"Let's get to work shall we?