Ch. 9

I did my best to get through most of the day, relatively unscathed after my first class. I know I did or said something wrong. I just didn’t like the guy’s attitude. He seemed like he had alot more problems than I did.

it was just before the last period of still my first day. I gave a sigh of relief. It’s the longest a day has ever felt for me.

I was about to turn the corner to my next class when I saw a group of boys standing around. I knew they weren’t just standing there. I knew there was no way I was going to to take on, I paused, five dudes.

I did my best to just walk past, and not stare. That wasn’t possible tho. I looked out of the corner of my eye. I my heart felt like it was crumbling. I saw the worse thing I could think.

In the middle of the dudes was Nathan. Why would they be after him? I stopped and turned to them. They didn’t even notice me. I overheard some of the conversation.

The guy in front, “No one wants you around.” Then, backhands him. I gritted my teeth. This wasn’t fair.

I thought back to the times I’d been in his spot. It made my blood boil. I knew I was most likely going to get killed, but I was too pissed.

I spoke up, better than I ever did before, “Get away from him.”

I did my best not to jump when all five of them turned to me. I was in a load of shit this time. The dude I blew off the first class was the leader of this group. I mentally swore.

He spat, “You, and of all people you want to protect. What is wrong with you?”

“No,” I interrupted him. “What is wrong with you? Five on one? Really? You’re sick bastards.” I almost yelled on the last word at them.

They just stood and stared at me this time. I knew I either hit a nerve, or I had just won.

His voice got louder, “You want that fucking twink ass bi kid.” Twink is similar to twig, or a person who was on the skinny. It’s used as slang.

I raised my voice, “What would be the problem if he did? Seriously, is it your frickin life? I really don’t think so.”

He throws his hands in the air. It looked like he was pissed, but why wasn’t he hitting me, yet?

“Hey,” I stopped him. “I can tell you’re pissed, just cool it.”

He got louder, “I will not cool it. Why would you want to be with the lowest person?”

I got in his face. I really was asking to die. I pointed at Nathan, “He has shown me that there might actually be hope for the human race. He helped me when I needed it. It wasn’t much, but that’s better than I had my whole life.” I didn’t pay attention to the lights flickering. Even though I saw them, I was on a roll. “‘Til you can actually help people, I don’t see anything in you!”

He holds up his hands. Was he surrendering? “Okay, Thor. You can have the twink. He’s all yours.” I looked at him abit confused.

“It’s Storm.” I corrected him.

“Not after this,” he put his hands in his pockets. He scoffed his shoe on the floor, “Come on, guys.”

The tallest one, “Lee, You’re really gun-”

He spun around to him, “I said we’re leaving!”

He turned back to me and nodded. I nodded back. I had a feeling it wasn’t over.

As soon he was around the corner, I rushed over to Nathan. Shit, he looked as bad as I did at some points.

I shook him, and whispered, “Hey. Come on, please be okay.” I heard him moan, “Thank god.” I pushed him on his back. He let out a sharp breath. How much did he take before I got here?

He coughed abit, “Thank you, so you’re the ne-” He stopped as soon as he saw my face, “Storm?”

I sheepishly grinned, “The one and the same.” He choked up alittle bit more, “How long were you here before I got here?”

He stopped, “Several that I know of.” He just stared at me, “Damn.”

I looked at him and cocked my head to the side. “What?”

He opened his mouth in surprise, “Do you really not know how good you look?”

I shook my head and grinned, “I ain’t here for a beauty contest.”

He laughed, then stand. I held him up the best I could. I was more of twink than he was.

“You wanna go to the nurse?” He shook his head and his eyes seemed to wake up like he was just in a trance. Then, he looked away from me.

“What class you have? I’ve got-” I paused and pulled my schedule out. I unfolded it, “Some weird class called chemistry. Why would we need to know something like that?”

He smirked, “Funny, I hope your joking.” I was, but I really didn’t see the need to argue. He continued, “Lucky for us, same place.”

I kept an eye on him as we headed to class. He looked like he got it similar to the worst time I was bullied.  I don’t think he’d been getting it as long as I had, but I really didn’t know.

We didn’t really talk, which I didn’t need to. I was use to keeping to myself. I had finally found support in my life with more than just Lucas and Jason.

I grinned. It started at almost a whisper, “This way, and you’re smiling like a dork.” I stuck my tongue out at him so I wouldn’t blush.

About halfway down the hall, he grabbed a door knob and pushed open the door. The teacher turned from the board toward us. God, he was a fat version of Steve Buscemi, the idiot from the Armageddon movie, and Spy Kids 2, if you don’t know who that is.

“Mr. Tully, What is the mean-” I grinned, I never knew his last name. I could see why he never told me..

He had stopped when he saw me. His voice softened, “Now who’s this?”

Nathan answered for me. “I found him,” he says him slowly as I take a step beside him. "In the hall and asked where he needed to go. Happened to be here.” I held out my schedule. I was actually nervous, I didn’t see why.

The teacher puts his hand up, “Don’t worry, I believe you’re supposed to be here.” I let my hand drop down. “Now, please sit down so we can get started with class, and welcome?”

“Storm,” I finally said.

He smiled, and I did my best to not gage. Who can actually smile with almost black teeth?

I gave him a wan smile. Then, Nathan grabbed my wrist, and was dragging me to the back of the room.

My whole face started to get red when I noticed everyone looking. Nathan turned to me as we go to the back row.

He whispered, “Will you stop blushing? It’s cute, but it’ll get annoying to some. Okay?” He smiled, I think my face got redder, it sure as hell got warmer. He shook his head and tapped the desk next to him. “Sit.”

The teacher spoke up again, “Mr. Tully?”

He talked back, “We’re sitting.” He then pointed to the chair, and whispered, gritting his teeth. I think he was tring not to grin. "Get your cute ass in it.”

 A whole bunch of guys laughed around us, I was just getting warmer by the second. I took the chair. This was not going in a good or bad direction, but it was only the first day, right?