March 8, 2017

Dear mermaids,

NOOOO. NONONONONONO.

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A 52% ON A TEST THAT'S 30% OF MY GRADE. I HAVEN'T TOLD MY PARENTS YET BUT I HAVE TO SOON AND I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE RIGHT ABOUT NOW. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I DID SO BAD LIKE I THOUGHT I GOT EVERYTHING RIGHT BUT I GUESS NOT. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME.

SO I KIND OF WENT BACK DOWN TO THE OCEAN NOT GIVING A SHARK ABOUT THE COLD WEATHER AND DOVE INTO THE OCEAN WITHOUT EVEN BRINGING EXTRA CLOTHES AND JUST SWAM AS FAST AS I COULD AWAY FROM HOME.

I'M FINE RIGHT NOW, I'M AT SOMEONE'S HOUSE USING THEIR COMPUTER SO HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED.

I swam faster than I've ever swam before. After about twenty minutes of swimming (which was extremely exhausting), the water was starting to get warmer.

There were also more fish.

Soon I was really really deep into the ocean, and the water's surface was really far.

I was surrounded by coral and fish. There was so much fish, you actually have no idea.

So I kind of swam back up to the surface to look around, and the sun was setting and the sky was all pink, but I was usurrounded by only water. There was no trace of land whatsoever. The air was kind of starting to burn my lungs so I only had a few seconds to look around, but it was enough time to know that I was in the middle of nowhere.

Then I went back under the water and then there was a SHARK.

HAHA YUP. A SHARK.

LIKE AN ACTUAL SHARK I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

THE ENTIRE SOUL SURFER MOVIE BEGAN TO FLASH THROUGH MY HEAD.

So of course I swam as fast as I could away from the shark, and thankfully, it didn't notice me, but of course, all that swimming meant getting even more lost.

So smart jewel, so smart.

I was swimming around like an idiot for a while, an before I knew it, I could no longer see, and the water was pitch black and it was a lot colder.

It was really cold.

Colder than PEI.

This next part is going to sound extremely unreal but that's what I saw so you're going to have to deal.

There was a glint of white in the distance.

All I remember was someone grabbing me by the arm and there was really light hair swirling around me.

Then I heard a gunshot.

Now I'm in this guy's house right now using his computer and I have no idea what his name is but all I know us that he's a safe person and he gave me clothes and stuff and it's warm in here.

Apparently I'm in Greenland.

Yup, I know, I swam really far.

But I have no idea who this guy is and if he's safe or not but at this point, I don't really care because I have NO WHERE TO GO.

He seems to know about mermaids, though, because he has a whole bookshelf dedicated to mermaids. Plus, he let me use his computer.

If I find out he's unsafe, though, I gotta blast.

Okay I'm gonna go now because this keyboard is so dusty wow. But please, anyone, if someone happens to know how to get from Greenland to Canada (I doubt anyone will lol) please tell me because I'm really freaking out right now.

Signing off,
Jewel