January 30, 2017

Dear mermaids,

AHHHHHHH!!!

So I was at school in the library and I was literally just minding my own business and reading books and then I decided to go back to the shelves to look for another book in the non-fiction section. I needed to look for an atlas for my geography homework due in two days.

Then I bumped into this guy and his books went flying everywhere like a flock of birds.

Oh, and guess who it was, of all people?

RHYS!

YEP! GREAT!

And you'll never guess what he was carrying along with the other books.

A plastic bottle of water which spilled all over me because it wasn't closed properly. The water then made its way onto me, soaking my entire shirt.

Of course, it took me a few seconds to register what had just happened, but before I could blast off to the bathroom I found myself on the floor in my big, shiny mermaid's tail, with Rhys staring at me in shock.

Perfect.

For the few seconds we had before Rhys completely freaked out, I tried to come up with a few excuses about why my jeans were now in pieces and I was now on the floor in a scaily tail, for example, um... NONE.

I actually was on the verge of throwing up. I couldn't go to the bathroom to dry up because, well, I couldn't walk, and if I just dragged my mermaid butt to the facilities, everyone in the whole library would see me.

Rhys's eyes were so big I could've sworn they'd pop out of their sockets at any moment. Then he said, "uh, bye" and started to speed walk away.

But I kind of needed a bit of help so I stopped him and told him to get me my spare clothes from my locker and told him my combination (I know, stupid, but I kind of had no choice) and grab me a towel from one of the changerooms as  quick as possible. I begged really hard and being the nice guy he was, he did. Then he gave me his sweater to cover up the tail and just to wait there and pretend to read while sitting down.

BY THE WAY DURING ALL OF THIS I WAS AS BLUSHING SO HARD I WAS AS PURPLE AS A BEET AND HAD THE EXPRESSION OF A VERY CONFUSED OOMPHA LOOMFA.

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT I ACTUALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME BECAUSE THIS IS THE KIND OF THING THAT HAPPENS IN STORIES.

Lucky for me, only one person came to the non fiction shelf and barely noticed me because the book he needed to get was far away from me.

Soon, Rhys came back with the towel and my bag of extra clothes, still looking really shocked. Of course, I had to change there in the shelf aisle as quick as possible, which was pretty successful. Then I said "thanks" to Rhys and then he left and so did I and then I ran to the bathroom to die in the privacy of a stall.

Okay I really have to go now because I have to work on the Geography project that I was supposed to do in the library.

Signing off,
Jewel💎🐚