February 2, 2017

Dear mermaids,

According to another book on Wattpad, you only transform when you really want to.

What?

All this time...?

But how come I transformed when Rhys spilled that water bottle on me? Pleasepleaseplease explain!!

There's also all this talk about "moon rings" and how you need them to transform. Everyone, please hear me when I say this...

YOU DO NOT NEED A MOON RING TO TRANSFORM. I didn't need one to make me become a mermaid, so neither do you. I don't even know what a moon ring is.

There's also talk about "moon pools"...?

Yes, I know, all of this happened in the TV show h2o Just Add Water, but guys, I'm really sorry to say this, but it's only a TV show. I love it and all (I'm on season 1 episode 5) but sometimes the information in there can be a little off. They're right about a few things, for example, the powers, but just because they became mermaids from a moon pool doesn't mean you have to.

Anyway, my cats actually want to kill me. When I was human (wow it's so hard to remember being human), my cats adored me so much and they'd sleep at the foot of my bed at night.

Welp, those were the days.

I tried to pet one of my cats this morning and it dug its claws into my arm and puss starting coming out. I had to use the biggest band-aid in the box of band-aids in my bathroom to cover it, but that wasn't big enough.

Any cat scratching remedies, anyone?

On the bright side, I'm so happy because I aced my Geography assignment. I got a 98% plus two bonus marks! giving me 100%. I'm actually so happy.

Remember, hard work pays off.

Speaking of tests, that reminds me of studying, which reminds me of the library, which reminds me about the incident in the library, which reminds me of Rhys. He hasn't been talking to me since yesterday. I see him all the time and try to say hi, but he just gives me the slightest nod and keeps going.

Oh gosh, I think I scared him away with my fishiness.

He's also been around this girl a lot. Her name's Rachel and she's so skinny and beautiful and perfect.

But, like, why do I care? It's not like we were "together" or anything. Plus, I don't wanna be like those girls who obsess over guys every minute. I've never really been one of those romantics.

So he's talking to another girl a lot.

Welp, I don't give a bull shark who he talks to.

I'm just gonna focus on my schoolwork and making it through being a mermaid. That's that.

Also, I may or may not have frozen the toilet water in the toilet at school when I had to pee. Oops. I should really work on that.

Gotta go to bed now,
Signing off,
Jewel💎🐚