14

[3:15 p.m. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
[3:15 p.m. Toronto, Canada]
1 week later ...

*delaney*

I was getting ready to go out to lunch, a late lunch with Jack I was just putting the finishing touches on my hair and I'd be ready. I was currently jamming out to my 'getting ready' playlist on Spotify dancing to the music playing throughout the bathroom. I was in a good mood today, I don't know whether I woke up in a good mood or I was going to see Jack for the first time in a week...but either way I felt great.

Jack:
Hey, I'm almost to your house be here in 5

Me:
Okay

I put down my phone and went to go find a pair of shoes that would go with my outfit I decided on boots and i took one last look at myself in the mirror and decided I looked fine.

I grabbed my phone that was still in the bathroom and walked downstairs. I haven't told my brothers or mom that i have a boyfriend yet but I was planning on today...I felt bad I haven't told them yet but you obviously know why I haven't. The doorbell rang and I see jack in ripped skinny jeans and a baby blue short sleeve shirt with white nikes on.

"Hey" he smiled looking me up and down and I blushed as he stepped into my house.

Just then my mom and Christian came in the room once they heard a mans voice and they looked at him confusedly.

"Mom and Christian this is jack gilinsky my boyfriend" I bit my lip nervous to what they would say about all of this.

"Nice to meet you, jack...Delaney never told me she had a boyfriend? How long have you been dating..."  my mom glanced at me in a way I couldn't quite describe and my brothers jaw was clenched.

"We've been dating for about 2-3 weeks now" I truthfully say and my mom nodded her head.

"Nice to meet you...mrs. Arevalo" he stood up a bit straighter yet awkward somewhat.

"Also nice to meet you to Christian" he went to shake christians hand but he just stood there with his clenched jaw and fist, I shot him a glare and he softened a bit.

"You to" Christian said so bland.

"Well I guess we'll be going now.." I awkwardly say.

"Okay...have fun" my mother said and I nodded my head giving her a hug. Christian didn't say anything else but he just waved. Jack and I walked out hand in hand and we got into his sports car.

"I don't think your mom or brother likes me" he sat awkwardly in the car with his hands gripped onto the steering wheel

"Yeah...they aren't used to me having a boyfriend your technically my first" I bit my lip.

"But they'll get used to you..." I try to assure him.

"Yeah I guess...anyways where would you like to go eat at?" He asked as he gripped his hand onto my thigh when we pulled out of the parking lot into the busy streets.

"I'm fine with anything" I shrug as we slowly went down the road as tons of people were out walking or driving places, it felt good for this February day. 60 degrees and sunny.