10

[11:30 p.m. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
[11:30 p.m. Toronto, Canada]

*shawn*

She was drop dead gorgeous...if only she were mine.

I sat in my music room at home staring at the picture Delaney posted on instagram, looking like a total model and so much more, it breaks my heart that we were only friends and maybe even less than that since we live so far away.

Little does she know she gives me so much inspiration for music, and that's what I've been doing these past few days I've just been going on social media, driving around, hanging with friends and family, and writing music. It's what i loved doing and i wanted to keep on doing until I died.

"Shawn you've been staring at that picture of her for what the past 30 minutes now?" My best friend Brian sat next to me as we were hanging in the music room.

"What?! No I haven't!" I quickly turned my phone off and he rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Sure, I know you like her...a lot, why don't you just tell her?" He asked me, he was so gullible sometimes, I told him thousands of times hat she live in Philadelphia and I live in Canada, it could never happen.

"I told you, what like 10 times already that she lives in Philadelphia" I rolled my eyes.

"I know, but what if she feels the same, you never know bro" he tells me, I thought about it for a second. Surely she doesn't like me the way I like her, I mean we haven't even talked in 1 week.

"Whatever...she doesn't like me and we won't ever be together and that's final...besides maybe having a distraction would end up helping me get rid of my crush for her" I tell Brian and he shrugs.

"I guess it could work, I just don't want to see you hurt shawn...whatever your heart says" he pats my back and leaves the room to another part of my house.

I sat still spinning around in my chair tapping my pencil against my chin as I pondered on what lyrics I should write down.

I turn my phone back on and go to my camera roll to see a picture of Delaney and I that she sent to me when I met some of my fans at the mall back in Portugal. Gosh. She inspired me so much and made me melt inside.

Baby please no promises, cause we won't keep our promises

I wrote down lyrics in my song notebook, thinking back to when we had the FaceTime call the other week ago when she said 'no promises'.

I've never been a fan of heartbreak, so tell me what you want.

I was never a fan of heartbreak and yet I felt as if my heart was already breaking even though I haven't got to the hardest part.

***
I woke up on the floor in my music room with my notebook by my side and ripped up crumbled papers with a pencil barely touching the tip of my fingers.

I sat up stretching my back and extending my arms back. I look at the clock that was above in my music room to see that it was 8:15 a.m. I stood up and threw away the crumbled pieces of paper in the trash bin. I put my notebook and pencil up on the small desk and grabbed my phone from off the table.

I don't remember falling asleep last night, i guess I did while writing songs. Let me say this isn't the first time this has happened, I've been working my butt off writing songs and working but I do love it so I can't complain.

I put my phone in my basketball short pockets and went out out of my music room into my bedroom to see Brian sleeping on my bed.