11

[4:15 p.m. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
[4:15 p.m. Upstate New York, New York]

*shawns pov*

We've been here for 4 days so far and gosh, can you say I cannot get my mind off of Delaney, she's always on my mind. I just wanna have the heart to text her or call her but it seems she wants nothing to do with me, I mean she has a boyfriend now. I shouldn't be like this at all. Every time I see a picture of her with her boyfriend my heart aches. I just want her to be mine, I mean is that too much to ask?!

Sadly, it's too much to ask to have her as mine, But whatever. I need to get over her.

"Hey guys, I'm going to go to the lake or something I'll be back" I tell them and they nod their head. The lake had about 15 people there, it was 60 degrees outside which felt amazing in the winter.

I sat down in a lawn chair that was out there, there was a couple other people at picnic benches or on lawn chairs just chilling out.

"Beautiful right?" I hear a girls voice right next to me. I take my sunglasses off and look at the girl above me, which was kind of creepy how she was but I shook it off.

"Yeah it is" I say.

"I'm Riley" she sits down at the lawn chair next to me.

"Shawn" I tell her.

"Nice to meet you" I say afterwards.

She was pretty, she had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes her skin slightly pale because of the winter. But she was nothing compared to Delaney.

"So shawn...what brings you here?" She tells me.

"A mini vacation, I live in Canada though" I casually say.

"Woah! Me to, what part?"

"I live in Toronto" I say I usually just say Toronto even though Pickering is 30-40 minutes away.

"SAME!!!" She excitedly says and I laugh.

"That's cool" I tell her.

We began talking more and I realized, maybe she could be my distraction from Delaney.

*delaney*

It's been four days and jack has asked me out, I think it's to soon but whatever, I'm sticking to my plan no matter what. People may think that im just doing this and i actually don't like him well thing is I do like him and I don't care what shawn has to say.

Just as I finished doing my hair for the day my phone went off and I picked it up to check the notification.

Shawn:
Hi Delaney

My heart beat quickened as I read those two words, they were just 'hi Delaney' why was I freaking out about this?

Me:
Hi Shawn

As much as i told myself not to answer him, my heart did it anyway.

Shawn:
How've you been?

Me:
I've been good wbu?

Shawn:
Yeah me to, I'm actually in upstate New York right now

Me:
Seriously?! Wow, I mean that's like 2 1/2 hours by train

Shawn:
Oh wow...I miss you

I bit my lip and re read that text, he misses me?

Me:
I miss you to...

I didn't know if he was going to respond or not but I was hoping he would.

Shawn:
I would go to philly to come and see you but I'm supposed to be heading back home tomorrow and I don't know if I'd have enough time :(