13

[7:15 a.m. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania]
[7:15 a.m. Toronto, Canada]

*delaney*

It's been a week since I've been in upstate New York, and I've been focusing more and more on school and it really is helping me with forgetting things...which I really needed.

"Hey lily!" I rush over to her as i walked into our school.

"Hey girl!" She says and I smile as I walk along beside her following her steps.

"So how have you and jack been?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I chuckle, honestly jack and I have gotten well closer in this past week and I enjoyed having that.

"We've been good...it's been nice having a boyfriend honestly" it felt as if my life was coming together even though I felt that emptiness in the pit of my heart I decided to ignore it.

I had God, a boyfriend, a best friend, good grades, A good family, and all the other things in life such as food and clothes. I felt happy for once.

"I feel happy" I smile a bit.

"I'm so glad to hear that! Can I come over later and we can gossip and stuff?" She asked me and of course I couldn't pass up my best friend.

"I'll see you later I have to get to class, we'll meet for lunch though" I tell her and nods her head as I walk ahead to my first class of the day.

I payed attention and took notes for our upcoming quiz in two days. I didn't even realized that February would be tomorrow, and for some reason it made me a little happy. Today all in all I felt good about myself and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

The day went on and it was 2:00 before I knew it and I was so glad that my classes were over and i could go home and have lily come over. Honestly, she hasn't came over since before I left for Portugal in December.

"Finally I get to go to your house!" She excitedly says and we get in our separate cars and drove to my house.

Once I got home I met lily in the lobby as we took the elevator to my floor.

"I'm hooooome" I say in a song song voice even though no one was here, it sometimes upset me, because my mom worked all the time, now that my dad was gone. But I'm thankful enough that she's alive and I get to see her the days I do, she usually doesn't come home from 8-12 it ranges but I usually get to see her some before I actually settle in for bed.

"Where's Christian?" Lily asked as we went into my bedroom, I liked my bedroom, a lot actually. It wasn't anything fancy fancy but It was something.

I had dark gray bedding and my walls were just white but I had a lot of pictures with lily and my family, a lot with my dad also. I actually had one of shawn and I but I refused to look at it.

But other than the pictures my room was plain other than a desk and my dresser and closet.

We laid down on my queen size bed and we took in each other's presence and stayed quiet after another long day of school.

"I'm exhausted" I roll over to my side to where I was looking at her.

'Me to..." she sighed and she then sat up fiddling with her fingers until she decided to say something.

"What happened to you and shawn?" It was either she actually said that or I was hearing things, I look down a bit but refused to look sad.

"Long distance friendship wasn't going to work out...that's it" I silently say.

"That's not why"she told me but without looking.

"Yeah it is, why else?" I simply say like it didn't phase me.