90 days to love - Chapter 14

THIS CHAPTER IS UNDER EDITING

He’s decimated it; ripped, torn and shredded my room.

I lie in Carlisle’s room on his bed with the sleeping Jared nestled by my side, my head rests on his steady chest. I play with one of the curls in his tangled mop of jet black hair, twisting it round my finger.

While I went for my ramble in the white prison, Jared beat himself and my room to a pulp.  I had no idea of the damage he was doing. I wandered for hours before finally coming back across my room. I didn’t risk going to Carlisle’s because I would never have found my way. Besides I wanted to be with Jared.

My heart aches at the thought of Ally with the Leto Rex. Their partnership, once officiated, will be eternal.

The Leto don’t do divorce.

The sole purpose of forming a partnership is to reproduce and multiply; like the swarm of locusts they are. They feed off our world. Love is a foreign concept so the alliance is merely a business deal designed to benefit each Leto. It makes sense though, it’s why they are the Leto; it’s why they are not Human.

Now Ally has sold away her soul.

The Leto Rex has her word. Even if Dimidium 1 was in control, there is no going back now. She will never achieve a reprieve; she will be a prisoner here. Yet she will also be Leto Regina; I will be forced to bow down to her.

I exhale heavily, thinking of the options Ally has. Before the string of Leto balls, Ally informed me that she shouldn't want to enter a partnership with a Leto. Why did she change her mind?

Jared moans in his sleep and snuggles closer to me. He’s exhausted; completely overwhelmed with fatigue. His arm locks me down in position and I breathe in his intoxicating scent.

When I returned to the room, I found him passed out on the floor. After calling upon a Leto for help, I finally took in the state of my room. Every pillow in sight was shredded; in a collapsed heap, he lay in a sea of pearly white feathers. My bed suffered a similar fate as it lay in two broken pieces, the duvet in tatters. My comfy sofa contritely flaunted two claw-like scratches; crimson liquid seeping from the holes. One look at Jared’s bloody and broken knuckles informed me it was his work. His injuries were so similar to the last time he went on the rampage, only this time it was 100 hundred times worse. I almost had palpitations at the sight of his shattered and smashed body.

What scared me more was how he managed to cause so much damage and why.

"Lara" I hear my mother call through the door.

I roll to face the door where my mother peeks in. She looks tired but her eyes flame up immediately as she sets her sight on the shirtless Jared and I in bed.

"Lara!" She exclaims. "Please tell me you are wearing clothes". She whispers frantically, slamming her hand down over eyes. I press my finger to my lips and shush her. I can’t help the involuntary eye roll at my mother’s dramatics.