90 days to love - Chapter 7

It’s been 4 days and I’m still crouched by Jared’s side. I haven’t left once; his fingers cling tightly to mine. Apart from the faint heartbeat it’s the only sign he’s alive. The Leto Doctor said he should have woken up yesterday and he’s just sleeping now. His chest rises and falls gently and he looks peaceful in his sleep. I note how his tan skin is the perfect shade to compliment his chestnut hair. His large body is strong and well-built and his jawline is hard and clenched even in his sleep. These qualities of his I had never really taken into account; I was too busy picking at his faults.

 I sit sideways on my chair and adjust my position to stop the hard wood digging into my skin. Jared whimpers as I tug his hand, and tightens his grip. I sigh as I give his hand a little squeeze. The cuts and bruises on his knuckles disappeared 30 seconds after the Leto Doctor healed him; it was the internal damage that was causing his pain. The Leto knew what it was, he even told the Rex. I asked repeatedly what was wrong with him but he wouldn’t tell me; he wouldn’t relieve my worry.

"Lara" Ally whispers from the door.

"Hey" I smile tiredly; it's about 2 in the morning. I'm only able to turn my head without disturbing Jared.

"Any updates?"

"No" I sigh. ‘The Leto Doctor won't tell me anything"

Ally looks undeniably guilty for a second.

"Ally, do you know whats wrong with him?" I probe. My question is answered when she can’t look me in the eye and her cheeks flush crimson.

"No" Her voice wavers uncertainly. I leap out of my seat earning a pained moan from Jared. I settle down quickly and he rests peacefully. His brow smooths out and his body relaxes. I almost miss his snarky comments.

"Ally please tell me" I beg.

"I, Dimidium 1, cannot defy the Leto Rex’s explicit orders of not revealing Jared Miller’s true character. Jared Miller, the male character evidence negotiated this as a term in the conditions. Jared Miller must tell Lara Hall out of his own free will".

I sigh. Dimidium 1 has returned.

"Fine. You don’t have to tell me". I cave in. I glance at Jared who stirs in his sleep. He only just fits lengthways in the bed and he’s dressed in a butt crack robe. Hopefully when he wakes up he won’t walk in front of me. I grin at the amusing thought. My head turns back to Ally as she lingers in the doorway.

"Ally, what are you wearing to the ball?"

‘I’m don't know. My mothers offered me a horrible white dress; I'll look exactly like a Leto" she says unhappily. Her baby blue eyes begin to water.

"Well you are half Leto" I sigh.

"Thats my point Lara; I'm half Leto, half human. I want people to know I'm different and wearing a white dress doesn't make me appear more discrepant than any other Leto" She whines.