90 days to love - Chapter 3

"Lara Hall can you hear me?" A voice echoes through, taking a few seconds to register in my brain. I flutter my eyes open, before immediately closing them. I forgot how bright the white is.

"Lara Hall is responsive" the figure says. My eyes regain their clear vision and I trace my eyes around the room. Bed, needles and a clone are my only company and frankly I prefer the former two. He’s dressed in the typical white Leto suit, with only a surgical mask for an accessory.

"Where am I?" I ask groggily as I hold my head.

"Lara Hall is currently located upon the Palatio ship within the hominine ward of the Leto infirmary" 

"How long have I been...here?"

"You have been unconscious for 6 hours, 21 minutes and 19 seconds Lara Hall" The Leto doctor swans over towards the back of the room. 

"Only 6 hours?" I inquire, completely and utterly baffled. Normally my blackouts last days and in the rare cases, months.

"Yes Lara Hall. We used the Vial" The Leto doctor holds up a bottle of the medicine.

What I would have given to have a bottle of that. My mother kept a small amount of Vial underneath the tiles of our kitchen. With the power to wake the unconscious and dead, the medicine was a luxury the majority of the population could not afford. Only the rich could afford it. We were lucky; my mother inherited it.

"How did you get that?" My eyes bore into the Leto’s.

"The Leto are in possession of an unlimited supply of Vial. Re-creation was a simple process for the Leto." The Doctor replies calmly.

"When may I return to my room?" I enquire curiously. Although my room is just incommodious as the infirmary, I have guranteed privacy there. I wonder if anyone would've realised I've elapsed? 

"Whenever you wish Lara Hall. You have been discharged" 

The doctor leaves the room and I lie back against the plush pillows. As I try to think of anything other than my mother, my memory circles around one thought. I have 90 days to try to love a man I already dislike. 

With a sigh I climb out of the bed. I’m in a white gown, with a slit down my backside. I roll my eyes. These things never change. I catch sight of my dress spread out on a chair. Stripping off the gown, I’m left in my underwear.

Someone clears their voice behind me and I turn around. Jared smirks trailing his eyes up and down my body. I lunge for my dress and tug it on. My cheeks flame scarlet. He smiles suddenly and I’m blown away by its sheer beauty. He almost looks happy as his mouth forms the perfect grin. 

"Don’t be embarrassed" Jared smirks.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss. I adjust my dress and pull my hair out of the collar.