90 days to love - Chapter 9

"Carlisle Kappor?" I stammer.

His lips curve up into a cat-like smile and his pixie ears stick out even more. His face is so familiar; plastered on every screen, on every poster with the caption ‘Leto Pater’. He is the inventor of the Leto and I hate him for it.

"You must be Lara Hall and Jared Miller" He hobbles towards us, grimacing. I nod slowly as he approaches us. His distant gaze reminds me of the manic Leto from earlier. My body tenses immediately and I glance over my shoulder again. I’m only greeted with the cold marble walls. I rotate my head so I’m facing Carlisle Kappor who has halted a few metres away from Jared and I.

I feel Jared’s hand slip into my own and grip tightly. His hatred for Leto’s is strong enough and now he’s face to face with the man who created the untrustworthy species. He looks straight ahead at Carlisle Kappor, showing no expression of how he’s feeling except for his stressed imprisonment of my hand. Up close I can see the dark purple rings under his eyes and the hollow cheeks.

"Yes, we are" Jared’s strained voice rings through the corridor. The light glints of Kappor’s silver-flecked hair. My eyes are drawn to it like a magpie to a shiny object.

"Is there anywhere we can go and talk privately?" Kappor coughs out.

His thin frame shakes with the exertion. I’m not particularly surprised though; despite his looks of middle aged man, Kappor is 108 years old.

 He was able to afford the anti-aging treatment. Though it had the power to create a youthful looking man of a grandpa, it couldn’t work wonders on the health. It would only increase your life span by a few years. It was one of the most expensive treatments you could get .

"This way Mr Kappor" I instruct stretching an arm in the direction of my room.

He waits for us to lead the way. Jared tugs on my hand pulling me down the corridor, and I fumble before finding my feet. Jared and I stroll down the corridor at a leisurely pace turning white corner after white corner. I of course, have no idea where I am but Jared knows his way. Behind me I can hear the loud wheezing of Carlisle Kappor as he slowly shuffles along.

"Jared, can we go to your room. It’s closer isn’t it?" I whisper.

"Can't wait any longer?" He grins. I tear my hand out of his and give him a hard slap upside the head. He groans and rubs the sore spot.

"You know that's not what I meant" I sigh. 

"Are you sure Princess?" Jared smirks.

Kappor suddenly clears his throat and I blush. I give him an apologetic smile. I glare at Jared as strides on ahead of the exhausted-looking man behind us. I grab onto his arm to put a brake on his determined power walk.

"Jared, he’s old remember. Can we please go to your room? It’s much nearer for him" I try and reason, giving him a hopeful smile. The ball is in his court seeing as I don’t have any idea how to get back to either one of our rooms.