Run aways

Mettaton POV

  I had to get Papyrus as far away from everyone as quickly as I could. I knew Papyrus couldn't take the insults. I was getting scared of losing him. I never imagined Papyrus trying to take his own life. It almost felt like a nightmare. Unfortunately, it was all too real.
   I continued to run with him deeper and deeper into the woods. It was destroying my designer boots running through all the rocks, sticks, and mud. But it doesn't matter to me. Papyrus was more important to be then anything else.
  Suddenly, the heel of my boot snapped, causing me to collapse on the ground.
  "Mettaton! Are you okay?" Papyrus cried, helping me back onto my feet.
  "Yes, I'm fine darling," I sighed, brushing myself off. "Let's keep going,"
  "Wait!" Papyrus stopped me as I tried to grab his hand to continue running. "Where are we even going Mettaton?"
   "I don't know but that doesn't matter! I need to get you out of here!"
  "Mettaton...it doesn't matter where we go...people are always going to disagree..." Papyrus sighed.
  Papyrus was actually making a lot of sense. I just didn't want to believe it. I just wanted is to get away from everyone. He didn't deserve to be harassed.
  "I know Papyrus, but I don't want you taking your own life! I'm not giving up on you, I'm gonna figure something out! Somehow..." My eyes filled with tears. "You're the love of my life, Papyrus. I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. I love you so much and I'm terrified of losing you,"
  Papyrus was silent for a moment as he stared down at his feet. We were both changing. Everything was changing.
  "Papyrus...do you think our love is worth it?" I asked him, trying so hard to hold back my tears but it was impossible. I couldn't be strong. I was terrified of losing him.
  "Of course I do," he whimpered.
  "Just last week we were cuddling on the couch and watching movies..." I sobbed.
  Papyrus wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. I could feel his tears dripping off of his chin.
  "Things have changed...I hate to admit it but it's true. But that doesn't matter. You're right, Mettaton. Our love is worth it. It doesn't matter if things changed, we're in love," papyrus whispered into my ear.
  I sobbed deeply and held him closer. I wanted to be as close as possible to him. This was the love of my life.
  "Where should we go, Papyrus? What are we going to do?" I asked papyrus, only making more tears slide down my face.
  Papyrus put both of his hands on my cheeks and wiped away my tears gently with his thumb. I felt my face get a little warm as he did this. Even in this moment, every time he touches me I can't help but blush. He then leaned in and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close, getting me deeper into the kiss. Our faces were so close that our tears were combining into each other.
  I kissed him passionately, never wanting to let go of him. Every time I kissed him was like the first time. I'd never get tired of it. In that moment of kissing, I forgot completely about all of our problems. All I could think about was being in the moment. I was with the love of my life, and that's all that mattered.
  Once we finally pulled away from the kiss, we looked into each other's eyes deeply. He grabbed my hand and placed of against his heart, holding my hand tightly.
  "It really doesn't matter where we go, as long as we're together, we'll be okay," Papyrus said with a warm smile. "Let's go somewhere new. Let's start over,"
  "But what about your brother? And Alphys and Undyne? And Frisk..." I said with a worried frown.
  Papyrus's eyes then changed from happiness, right back to sadness. I watched his facial expressions as he thought in silence.
  "I love them all...I really do...but we need to figure that out later. You're the most important thing to me. I'll miss them, but we'll figure it out. First, we need to focus on what we're gonna do and where we're gonna go," Papyrus said confidently.
  I couldn't believe how much Papyrus was maturing. I guess this situation was just changing him. I knew that whenever we'd get back to normal then he'd be able to be his childish self again.
  We spent that night sleeping in the woods. I was scared at first, but having Papyrus by my side made me feel safe and sound. We were exhausted from all the running. We decided that we would figure out where to go in the morning. For now, we have each other. And that's all that matters.