Heartache

Mettaton POV

I was in the bathroom fixing my hair getting ready to have another date with Papyrus. He really wanted to see me, so I decided to sneak out of the house for a couple of hours. I put on the finishing touches to my makeup, and then started to get ready to walk out the door before I heard a sound....
  It sounded like Alphys. I couldn't exactly tell what the sound was, so I decided to go check it out before heading out for my date. As I got closer to Alphys' room, I noticed that the noise sounded more like sobbing.
  "Alphys darling, are you alright?" I asked her as I knocked on the door.
  "G-go away!" She shouted.
  I opened the door and walked into her room to see her rolled up into a ball on her bed, sobbing.
  "Alphys, what's wrong?" I asked her in my most soothing tone.
  "I t-told you to leave m-me alone," Alphys sniffed.
  I walked up to her and sat next to her on the bed. She scooted away a little bit, but I persisted and scooted next to her again.
  "I've never seen you like this, please tell me what's the matter darling," I said as I rubbed her scaly back.
  "W-w-well....w-well..." Alphys stuttered. She then suddenly burst into tears and wrapped her arms around me, holding me very tightly.
  "Undyne and I have been fighting! She's having second thoughts!!" Alphys sobbed.
  "What?!" I asked in shock.
  "S-she said that she wants an adventurous life instead of settling down! She doesn't know is she wants to live her life with me!"
  "Oh, Alphys darling," I said in a sympathetic tone as I wrapped my arms all around Alphys. I held her in a never close hug as she sat on my lap sobbing.
  "What does it mean mettaton?!" Alphys said before she continued to sob.
"I don't know, darling. Undyne loves you doesn't she? I'm sure she'll realize just how important you really are to her," I said trying to sound as soothing as possible.
  "But what if she doesn't?!" Alphys cried.
  "If she doesn't...then she doesn't deserve you. Your amazing Alphys, and if she can't see that then she's really missing out on something amazing,"
  "D-do you really think so?" Alphys asked as she began to wipe away her tears.
  "Of course, darling,"
  She looked relieved after I said that. She gave me another big hug, as I returned the hug.
  "Oh, um didn't you say you had to go shopping or something?" Alphys asked.
  I stopped for a second. I told Alphys that I was going to go shopping, which obviously meant that I was going out to see Papyrus, but obviously I didn't tell her that.
  "Oh, that can wait darling. I just want to stay here with you and help you feel better in any way I can," I assured her.
  "Thank you so much, Mettaton,"
  I grabbed Alphys a couple of tissues, and watched some anime with her. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't go out to see Papyrus, but I knew that Alphys needed me right now. Besides, Papyrus is such a kind and understanding boyfriend, he would definitely understand the situation.

Thanks for reading this chapter! This chapter is dedicated to my amazing friend @aj_lostsoul today is her birthday! Check out her papyton story, she's an amazing writer and an amazing person! -Paige