A Day Like No Other

A A R O N

I quickly ran around the kitchen looking for baby bottles and nipples until I finally found them. I quickly put some formula insider of the baby bottle and added milk. Then I put the nipple on and did the same steps with the other, I heated up the bottles and took them out and checked the temperature. Perfect!

I slid to the wailing and screaming 1 day olds and set them both on either side of the couch. I gave them the bottles and they immediately stopped crying and grabbed on to the bottles.

Then I let go and collapsed on the couch. Whew. Parenting sure takes a lot out of you. I wiped the sweat trickling off my forehead. My phone buzzed on the table. I picked it up, it was a text from Aphmau, SAYING SHE WOULD BE HERE IN 15 MINUTES?!

I haven't changed their diapers yet! I frantically texted her back, 'Okay! I'll make sure the kids are asleep.' And I hit the send button.

Okay. Calm down. I looked over my shoulder to see the kids done with their bottles, they literally just finished and started crying again.

"What is it? What do you need? A diaper change? Nap time?" I groaned in anger as I sniffed them. Yep. Diaper change it is. Alright.. So grab the baby wipes, diapers, sheets. Check!

I set a ragged blue and white sheet on the ground and opened the baby wipes to where I could get them and set up two diapers. Aphmau is going to be here in 10 monutes and everything needs to be perfect. I grabbed the crying, stinky babies off the couch and set them on the sheet.

Frantically taking off their diapers I plugged my nose and made 2 shots in a row with the diapers landing in the trash can in the cupboard. I closed the door to the cupboard and ran back.

***

The babies were taken care of and asleep, I changed into something dressy, not to fancy but nice, a red collared button up shirt and a nice black tie, sleeves rolled up, and then some black dress pants and polished leather shoes. I chewed some gum, spat it out, and then searched for air freshener,  I found some Lysol lavender scented air freshener and sprayed it all around the room.

I heard a car roll into the driveway. A few moments later a soft known knock arrived on the beautiful dark French door. I opened it up happily and smiled, there stood the piece of art, stunning as usual.

I walked towards the beauty and hugged her.

A P H M A U

Aaron gave me a hug, I hugged back softly.

"Hi babe." Aaron greeted, kissing the top of my head. I smiled at the welcoming affection coming from him.

"You look nice. What's the big idea?" I asked.

"What? You don't like it when I dress fancy or something?" Aaron asked chuckling.

"N-No! Not at all!" I blushed, "I just wanted to know why?"

"Well.. I got reservations to Olive Garden for tonight!" Aaron beamed. My mouth gaped.

"Really! I have to get ready!" I shoved Aaron out of the way and ran upstairs, when arriving at my dresser I practically messed up all the clothing arrangements, sort of? I then found a beautiful dress, heels, and a necklace. I grabbed all my makeup and things and ran to the bathroom, when I came out Aaron gasped in awe.

 I grabbed all my makeup and things and ran to the bathroom, when I came out Aaron gasped in awe

***

***

We arrived at Olive Garden and ate our wonderful salad with grilled steak and the breadsticks were fabulous, we talked and laughed and danced the night away.

This was a day like no other.