Hangovers and Job Hunts

Börja om från början

I knock on his door.

No response.

I hear the faint sound of the shower running. He's probably just showering. I'll just run in and return his shirt and take my things.

I open the door and walk in. The door slams loudly behind me. The pounding headache that was just subsiding comes thumping back with full force and I grimace painfully.

I look around his cool, clean room. I mean, it's so perfect, too. His room is mostly black with chrome accents.

When I return Chase's shirt, I hear him singing loudly in his shower. He's singing "Nobody Does It like You" by Shawn Desman- and probably doing the dance, too.

His singing is so loud and obnoxious and out of tune.

It's actually really, really cute.

And he's singing with all his might.

I just start laughing, forgetting completely that I had to be quiet and sneaky.

"Kat?" Chase's voice startles me.

He turns off the shower.

How the heck did he even hear me? He didn't hear me slam the door that basically caused an earthquake, but he hears me stifle a tiny giggle?

I don't understand him.

He comes out of the shower, still a little soapy, a whole bunch of steam following him and entering the room. The room is filled with the delicious, amazing scent of his body soap.

Without making it look noticeable, I take a deep breath in.

A towel is barely clinging on to his hips while he runs his hands through his hair. He looks like a celebrity in a scene right out of a movie.

I quickly turn around.

He chuckles, "Like you haven't seen more than that."

"Uh... That's kinda why I came here..." I say, turning back around slowly.

He's putting on a V-neck, now.

How many of those does he have?

"Did uh... N-nothing happened last night, right?" I ask him nervously, fidgeting with my hands.

He stares at me for a while, "You really don't remember anything, do you?" He asks, smirking.

"No, not really," I say, "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Well... Let's just say you made sounds I've never heard a woman make last night," Chase answers smiling a little, looking distant.

Oh god.

"What happened?" I ask quietly.

"You had some... fun last night." He answers me, still distant.

"What'd I do?" I ask, getting scared.

Chase chuckles, still not telling me.

I glare at him.

Apparently, the look I had on my face was pretty scary, because Chase gave in immediately.

"Okay, okay... You met a guy, got insanely drunk, did shots off a model's bellybutton, danced on a table, humped two guys," he rushes through his words, listing them off with his fingers.

"Wait, wait, what?!" I interrupt, panicking.

"What?"

"What happened after I danced on a table?" I ask Chase carefully.