Closet Trysts and Weak Knees

*PREVIOUSLY ON THAT ONE SUMMER*

I forget how to breathe. I forget how to stand. I forget how to function with Chase's warm lips upon mine. My eyes flutter closed and my body relaxes as I do what I've wanted to do since I met him.

Kiss Chase Matthews.

CHASE- 8:30pm
With my hands cupping her warm cheeks, I tenderly press my lips against Kat's.

It feels like I've waited all my life to do this; to know what Kat tastes like, what she feels like. To have her soft lips meet mine.

When I laid eyes on her earlier tonight in that beautiful red dress, with her hair done up so nicely and her lips so tempting, I knew I just had to have her. I simply could not resist.

I know I've fantasized about kissing Kat about a million times, but nothing that I've imagined could ever match up to this. Although it's just for a brief moment, I am truly captivated and lost in her warmth and beauty. A wave of euphoria so strong washes over me that I can barely stand.

Kat, with the fiery attitude. Kat, with her burning desire. Kat, with her incredibly soft lips. My lips are pressed against hers and I am kissing her.

I AM KISSING HER.

What am I doing?!

Once sound reasoning sets into my mind and I realize what I'm doing, I drop Kat immediately, my hands limp at my side. Distancing myself, I make sure there is at least a foot of space in between us in the tiny closet. I jump back so far, I knock over a towel and it falls on my head.

I cannot conceal the horror on my face as the realization of what I have done sinks in.

"Oh. My. God." My voice comes barely as a whisper, "I am so sorry." My eyes are as big as golf balls and I ball my hands into fists to keep from reaching out for her again.

"I don't know what I was-- what the hell was I thinking?" I shake my head violently, staring apologetically at her.

"Chase--" she starts.

"I had absolutely no right to do that to you," I continue on, and Kat rolls her eyes at me, probably- obviously- upset.

"Especially scaring you like that. You probably thought I was that bastard coming to hurt you again!" I smack my forehead, "I truly wasn't thinking."

"It's--"

How could I be such an idiot? God, I've ruined everything.

"I totally understand if you don't wanna talk about to me right now, or ever again, for that matter--"

In one quick stride, Kat makes her way back in front of me, jumping right on me.

I stifle a surprised gasp as my reflexes set in and I quickly catch her, but almost end up dropping her when she crashes her lips back onto mine.

My head spins once again as my eyes flutter closed, the softest lips on mine.

Grabbing my shirt, she kisses me hard and passionately, rendering me useless and completely paralyzed under her hold.