Old Friends and Bad Boys

KAT- June 4

"Aaaah!" I scream excitedly the next afternoon in my room after receiving a phone call.

"Guess who's landing in Colorado tomorrow for the week?" I ask.

"Who?" Skye asks wearily.

We have just finished the exams and everyone's catching up on their sleep.

"Buck the Puck!" I run into her room and scream in her ear.

"Aaaah!" Skye screams too. Chloe comes into her room and joins in on the screaming.

Buck the Puck is Chloe and I's childhood friend from Canada. He is the most awesome, adorable guy ever! He's insanely funny. And good looking. We just tease him by calling him adorable because he's 2 years younger than us, making him a kid. At least he is to us anyway.

I even had a crush on him in junior high school when I was in grade 8 and he was in grade 6. I know it sounds weird and wrong, but he was a very mature and tall kid for his age.

We dated for a little while, and then he became best friends with Chloe and me after. Skye knows about Buck because we visited Vancouver one summer and went to see him and she instantly fell in love with him.

We call him Buck the Puck because, well obviously, he plays hockey. When he was younger, he got into a hockey accident. He was playing without a helmet on hockey practice, and a puck bashed into his face, just below his temple, right beside his left eye and dented the skull there a little. He did surgery and got stitches. When his stitches healed, it left a very sexy scar that makes all the ladies swoon for him.

Even though the scar makes him look like a total bad-ass, he's still the sweetest guy ever.

"Okay, we all have to hangout this weekend. He has to meet the guys." Chloe says.

"Yeah, we can all go to Clay Oven." I say.

+                                                                             +                                                                             +

JUNE 6 

The next morning, we woke up early, just when the sun was rising, to pick up Buck at the airport. When we got there, we had to wait for about half an hour, but we were still very excited.

Finally, we see him come out of the airport, hopping off the last 5 steps. He stops to inhale the fresh Colorado air, taking in the sun.

He's wearing his white V-neck and black shorts that hang just below his knees with his bright red flip-flops. Classic Buck.

When he spots us, he takes his aviators off and squints his eyes a little, then puts them back on.

Wow. He's changed. Before, he used to be a little awkward and tall because he was skinny, but now, he has muscles. Nice muscles. I feel the urge to run over to him and pinch his adorable face off, but I control myself.

It looks like Skye and Chloe are also thinking the same thing I was.

"Whoa, girls! I almost didn't recognize you!" He says happily with open arms, "I missed you so much," He says, hugging us each in order. When he gets to me last, he plants a kiss on my cheek. Oh yeah. He still has a little crush on me. He dates other people, but he still has that special spot for me.

"And I missed you the most." He whispers in my ear.

CHASE: 11:47 am

I decided to workout at the gym for the day. The personal trainers at the gym offered me a job as a personal trainer, but obviously, I don't need the money.