Pick-Up Lines and Cloudy Judgements

CHASE-8:56pm

I just finished showering.

I find a nice, black V-neck shirt and pair it with my camel-coloured pants and pull on my black Vans. I brush my hair and style just the way the ladies love it.

When I open my door, I see Kat in her own room, her door open. She's sitting on her bed, her back facing me, her head on resting on her palms. Jamie told me about Evan.

I think about heading into her room, but she'd probably look for the nearest sharp object and hurl it at my head.

KAT-8:58pm

Immediately when I get to my room, I called Kate and told her everything and she was basically crying for me, telling me she felt what I felt and then started going on a long rant about how twins have this twin-telepathy and that they should never be separated because it does funky stuff to them and their emotions. She told me that she was eating cereal, and she suddenly felt this overwhelming anger come over her and threw the cereal on the floor and she knew it had to be me making her feel like that. Then, she promised me that she was going to hunt Evan down and destroy him and hang his STD infected balls on the flag-pole for all his little camp children to see.

I love my sister.

After showering, I throw on my strapless black chiffon dress with the cinched waist. I put on a neon pink blazer and to finish off my outfit, I put on my bright teal platform wedges with the ankle buckles. I grab my matching tiny teal satchel bag before heading out my door, walking through the passageway, and then descend slowly down the stairs.

When Skye and Chloe look up from their boyfriends, they quickly get up and crowd me.

"I'm ready," I say, pretty much dead.

"You look nice," Skye says, Chloe nods.

I give them a half-hearted smile and we start heading out.

9:16pm

We finally get to the party. It looks really fun.

Skye and Chloe gave me their words, promising me that they would not leave my side through-out the night. But I can see they're having a terrible time with me, the kill-joy. Plus, they're getting really annoying, always asking if I'm okay.

"How are you doing?" Skye asks me, a worried look on her face.

Exactly what I mean.

I told them to go and have fun with their boyfriends. I had to do a lot of convincing that I didn't need them and that I'll be fine, that the only way I could get over Evan is doing it by myself. Which is true.

CHASE-9:37pm

"Well hello, Mr. Matthews." I hear a girl's voice behind me.

I turn around to see Whitney smiling at me.

"Hey, Whit," I say, smiling.

She leans in for a hug.

"Hi, what are you doing here? I didn't know you knew my brother!"

"Oh, I didn't know I did, either!" I say, surprised.

Just then, Tom, Whitney's brother comes along.

"Hey, guys! How are you enjoying the party?" He asks, having to yell over the music thumping.

"It's pretty great!" I yell back.

"Whooooo!" He yells, fist pumping his way between Whitney and I.

"So, would you like a drink?" I ask Whitney.