Chapter 35- Visit from the Dream Boy

Start from the beginning

"Wait a minute," Lukas said, seemingly coming out from being thinking about something, "If there's a baby here, the mother should be close by, right?"

Magnolia thought for a moment, then nodded as if there was nothing wrong with that. Aiden sneezed.

"I haven't seen any signs of any other dragons besides that one though," Darling said, looking around.

"Juniper," I said, "Where were you when you saw the baby?"

"Back this way, follow me," she said, stepping into the dead, snow covered trees. I followed behind.

"Stay here," I informed the rest of the gang before continuing.

"He was just back here and—oh my gosh--!" Juniper exclaimed.

I gasped. There before us was a nest made of sticks and dirt. In it slept a larger, scarier version of the baby dragon. Its metallic scales were as blue as lapis and the red ones like fire. It lay sound asleep, its back gently moving up and down. The giant looked rather spectacular as it glistened in the light. Its huge wings guarded its body.

"When did that get here?!" I whispered.

"I don't know... I didn't know it was even here!" Juniper whispered, "We should tell the others... warn them."

We tiptoed back to the group, who were anxiously waiting for our return.

"There is a mommy," I said, "And she's huge!"

"We should go back and tell Caenis. He'll know what to do," Darling said. The rest agreed and we went back indoors.

"Caenis!" exclaimed Sheldon as he continued banging on the door after several tries.

"YAA!" Juniper shouted as she lunged her body at the door. She bounced off and stumbled backward.

"That's not working!" Lukas said.

"Can't you use your... feathers or whatever?" Nightmelody asked.

"I didn't bring any," Sheldon said.

"Can't you use your weapon powers and cut a hole through the door or something?" Juniper asked. He crossed his arms.

"Do you think I'm that dumb? The door will have a hole in it."

"Then put it back when you're done."

"With what?"

Juniper paused and thought. She opened her mouth like she was about to say something, then stopped.

"CAENIS!" she yelled.

Petra's POV

"...and I wish I was special... you're so very special..." I crooned as I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. I had been singing Creep for the millionth time because there was absolutely nothing else to do. I wasn't saying I was ungrateful, just very... very... bored. And maybe a little bit ungrateful. Just imagine how you'd feel if you just got out of slowly dying in prison to being locked away in a tiny room. It'd be pretty lonely. I softly sang to myself to keep me busy.

"There is... a house... in New Orleans. They call... the rising sun..."

Suddenly, the feeling rose up again. That horrible, panicked feeling that erupted from my head to my feet. I breathed quickly, making me feel lightheaded. I whimpered (I always thought I'd never be caught dead whimpering, yet here I am) and tried to keep in control. The blanket over me felt like needles, so I screamed and threw it to the ground. The room was spinning. I felt the wooden floor hit my face, which felt like it hurt much worse than it should have.