Sirius Black x Reader

No.
No no no.
No.
You stare at the headline of the Daily Prophet.
Sirius Black could not be in Azkaban.
You would go to his house, and he would be there, and he would laugh, because he laughs at everything.
So you go to his house.
Sirius Black isn't there.
But Remus Lupin is.
He was waiting for you. He knew you would come.
"Y/N." He says quickly, standing up of the couch.
"No." You say.
"No, no. Look." Remus grabs your arm as you turn around. "Look. It'll be okay. We'll figure this out, okay? Let's go to James' and Lily's."
"I'm gonna go home."
"I'll come with you."
"No, don't do that. It's okay." You assure him.
"I don't know."
"Peter...?"
"Dead, yes."
At least Sirius Black wasn't dead.
"He didn't do it." You look at Remus. You want him to tell you he didn't.
"I don't think so." Remus agreed.
You hug him. "See you later, Moony."
"Yeah." He hugs you back. "See you."
So you go home, and you sit down on your couch, and you stare at the floor.
You'd never told him you loved him.
And now you might never get the chance.
You'd messed up.
Big time.
He was all you had, and now he's gone, maybe forever.
You take a gun from your dresser and stare at it for a while.
There's a good chance that this would all get sorted out, and Sirius would come back.
But nobody comes out of Azkaban.
For all you knew, he could already be dead.
He was bad enough without the Dementors, after all.
You would do it. He wasn't coming back.
So you pick up the gun.
"Stop that." James says, running into your room and knocking the gun from your hands.
You start crying.
He bearhugs you and pulls you away.
Remus comes in and grabs the gun, disapparating and coming back empty handed.
Prongs bearhugs you as you sob. Remus watches with his arms crossed, looking significantly distressed.
"Stop. Stop, it's okay." James hisses in your ear. "It's okay, Y/N. Come on, now. Calm down."
Remus comes in front of you. "Look at me." He says, keeping his eyes on yours until you reciprocate. "It's okay. You know Sirius, he'll be okay. He always is."
That's the problem.
He's always okay.
And what if he wasn't when it mattered?
"Look at me. Look." Remus says. "He knows you love him--Look at me, Y/N. There you go--He knows you love him. And when he gets out, you can tell him. It's okay."
James is still bear hugging you, and only lets you go once you've calmed down. "Okay?" He asks.
You nod. "Okay."
"Come home with me, mate. Lily's making dinner." James says, clapping your shoulder.

Twelve years later, James and Lily Potter are dead, Peter Pettigrew isn't, you haven't spoken to Remus in a year, and Sirius Black has somehow escaped Azkaban.
But Sirius Black shows up at your door.
"What the hell?" You say, backing up.
"Y/N." He says. "Can I... May I come in?"
He's been in Azkaban for twelve years. He was crazy before, he's probably certifiable now.
You know you should say no.
But you've always had trouble telling Sirius Black no.
You nod, and he comes in, glancing around, paranoid.
You shut the door and follow him, staring at him expressionlessly.
Sirius Black is in your house.
"May I shower?" He asks.
You nod. "The towels are under the sink."
You sit on the couch and wait for him to return.
Sirius Black is in your shower.
"Can I take a little cat nap--Or dog nap, should I say?" He cracks a grin when he comes out.
You smile, only because he smiles. You hadn't registered a word he'd said. You nod anyway.
"Hey, Y/N?" He asks, giving a rather sheepish smile. "Would you sleep with me?"
"Sleep with you?" You ask.
"Just, you know, sleep. Not sleep sleep. Just sleep. I... Don't want to sleep alone."
You nod and lead the way to your bedroom.
You lay down rather close to him, and he puts his arm around you. He twirls your hair.
You'd fallen asleep like this in the Gryffindor common room countless times.
You wake up in the morning to see him watching you.
You sit up. You open your mouth to ask questions.
"No, I'm not crazy." He says before you even speak. "Well, no crazier than usual. Well, maybe a bit... anyways. Yes, I'm fine. No, Peter's not dead. Yes, I talked to Moony, and yes, he told me what happened. Talk to me." He says.
"I love you." Is all you say.
He crawls over the bed. "I know." He says. "Tell me why you did it."
"I didn't."
"Tell me why you didn't."
"Prongs and Moony."
"Promise me you'll never do it again. Ever." He looks you in the eye.
"Promise." You say.
You don't kiss him.
He turns to sit beside you, putting his arm around you. "I'm here now. I'm not leaving you alone, okay?" He puts his fingers on your chin, lifting your head to face him and kissing you.
"How are you not insane, Padfoot?" You ask after a bit, rather concerned.
"Because I had to get back to you to tell you something."
"What?" You look at him.
"That I love you."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
@MusicNetflixBroadway