Dean Winchester x Reader

You lay in Dean's arms, shocked at how okay everything is at the moment. Dean's safe, Sammy's safe, you're safe. Everything's good.
His arms are tight around your waist, his thumb rubbing soft circles on your stomach. He isn't asleep, but he will be soon. So would you. Sammy's breathing is audible and rhythmic from the other bed.
You would fall asleep once Dean does. You can't sleep with him tickling you.
Usually he starts out on his respective side of the bed, and you on yours. After half an hour or so, he'd come closer, stroking your hair. If you still didn't pay him the attention he wanted, he'd kiss your neck, and if you still didn't respond, he would full-on tickle you until you shrieked and woke Sam. Usually you'd give in before it got that far. Once you acknowledge he's there, he just pulls you to him and holds you like he's never letting you go. Not that you mind, of course.
But when he does what he's doing with his thumb, it tickles. Not enough for you to burst into uncontrollable laughter, but just enough to keep you awake.
Normally he falls asleep quickly, but tonight he doesn't. His hold on you is continuously tightening, his breathing growing increasingly irregular. "I'll be back." He breaths in your ear and gets out of bed, slipping out the door.
You're almost asleep when you decide that letting your mentally unstable lover run wild in the middle of the night might not be the brightest idea, so you force yourself out of bed and go outside.
He's by the Impala, his hands on the roof, head hanging. You go closer uncertainly. "Dean?" You ask.
He turns around, shaking and sweaty, his breathing wild.
Your eyes widen at the sight. "Whoa." You say without meaning to. "What's wrong, honey? Are you sick?"
"No. Yes. Maybe. I don't know. I'm not sure... I don't know what's wrong. I don't know... What I'm feeling."
"Tell me." You say worriedly. "Come on, let's sit--"
"I don't want to sit. Or stand. Or sleep, or eat." His eyes flicker over every inch of your body, never lingering.
"Okay. What do you want to do, then?"
"I want to kiss you and hold you and never let go. I want to stare at you and never look away. I want to lock you up in a padded room and kill anyone who tries to get to you. I want you to be happy. I want you to want me."
"I think the words your looking for are 'I love you,'" You suggest.
"No. It's more than that. I'm terrified." He keeps staring at you.
"Of what?"
"You. Of what I would do for you. That you could destroy me with one slip of the tongue. That one look from you could send me to the loony bin. That you could... What if you got hurt?"
"I get hurt a lot." You say, glad the darkness hides your blush.
"But what if you don't... Fix?"
You know that made no sense, but you get what he means. "I won't care. I'll be dead. I'd be fine:"
"But I wouldn't be. I'd go crazy. I'd die. And then Sam--"
"Dean. Sweetie. Everything's gonna be okay. Don't worry."
"I know everything is. Everything's perfect. That's the problem. It's too perfect. People like us, we don't get happily ever after. There's always something."
"Chill, Dean. All right? There's nothing to worry about. Are you... On drugs?"
"No." He runs his hands over his face. "Damn it, Y/N."
"What?"
"You. You're amazing. I don't deserve you. I've never... You're... I don't deserve you."
"You don't seem to care when we're having sex."
"I just--wait. We've never--"
"Just testing your sanity. Continue."
"I don't want to ruin anything with my... Insecurities."
"Your insecurities? Have you heard me talk?"
"But you're perfect. We all know that. Just like we all know I'm a piece of shit."
"No you're not, Dean. You're perfect."
"I don't deserve you." He doesn't move towards you, but steps back.
"If anything, you deserve better."
"That's one of the few things you can say that I won't ever believe. God, I want you." He backs up again, hitting the car.
"Then come here."
"No," he says, eyes wide. "I'll go crazy."
"Dean, calm down, okay?"
"I need you, Y/N. I need your love. I need your touch. I need you. I need you more than anything."
You watch as he stares at you like he'll never see you again. You hold out your hand. He stares at it, like it's a foreign object that he doesn't know what to do with. "What is wrong with you?" You look at him like he's crazy.
"If I touch you right now, I don't think I'll be able to stop." His gaze drifts slowly from your outstretched hand to your eyes.
"Dean, come on." You repeat.
He takes your hand and slowly walks closer until he's just inches away, staring down at you, shaking all over. "I'm so scared I'll lose you." He whispers, breathless.
"Do I look like a ditchable prom date to you?" You try for a smile.
He continues to stare as if mesmerized. "You're all I've ever wanted. All I've ever wanted was somebody to hold... Somebody to make laugh... Somebody to love. You're that somebody. If anything ever happened to you I..."
"You'd be just fine." You say sternly. "Because that's how I'd want you to be."
"Just fine." He says with a little laugh, like crazy people do. "I'm always 'just fine.' You're always 'just fine.' Nobody's actually ever fine."
"How long's it gonna take for you to kiss me, Dean?" You whisper after watching his eyes keep darting to your lips.
"As long as it takes me to work up the nerve."
"Screw it." You say, and kiss him.
He kisses back, passionately, desperately. He slowly pulls away, cupping your cheek in his hand. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." He whispers. "Please don't ever leave me."
"I don't plan to."