Bruce Banner x Reader

You're supposed to calm Bruce down. It's your most important job (besides shooting the bad guys and 'being a dear' and taking stuff from people for Tony Pampered-Rich-Kid Stark).
You figure that since he's currently pissed as hell at you that it wouldn't work, and you wouldn't be of much assistance. They weren't supposed to be waging any battles anytime soon anyways, so you take a much needed vacation.
Down the street and to the library you go.
You're just getting immersed in a lovely little psychological novel when your phone rings, making you and everybody in your vicinity jump. People shush you, and you pick it up with an apologetic wave and slip out the door. "Hello?"
"Hey." Tony says, sounding out of breath. "Code Green."
"What do you want me to do about it?"
"Oh, I don't know. Maybe come stop it?" Tony says sarcastically.
"What happened?"
"Not sure. I was enjoying me coffee when Hulk smashed into my living room. Are you gonna come?"
You hear banging and crashing in the background. "He's mad at me."
"No he isn't. He just loves you. Come stop it."
"He's mad at me, Tony. It won't do any good."
"Yes it will. Come now." He says, and hangs up.
"Asshole." You murmur to yourself as you go back inside, grab your things, and split.
You make your way hurriedly to Stark Tower, murmuring to yourself the whole way. "Loves me, my ass." You snap as you get out of your car at Tony's.
The War Machine comes flying out of a broken window and swoops you up. "Glad you made it to the party. Can I take your coat?" Rhodey asks, flying you back in the window and leaving you right behind the Hulk.
"Bruce!" You shout over the hubbub.
He turns around and lets out a roar.
"I told you." You hiss at Tony from across the room. "He's angry." Tears well in your eyes at the thought as you speak to Bruce with everybody watching. "Come on, Bruce." You say, holding out your hand.
Everybody thinks your voice is shaking because you're scared, but Bruce sees the tear that falls down your cheek and puts his hand on yours. They all disperse as the Hulk morphs painfully back into Bruce Banner.

You drop by Bruce's apartment later, not caring that he was angry with you.
He opens the door, headphones dropped around his neck and blasting Brahms. "Oh." He says when he sees it's you. "Hey..."
"I brought pizza." You hold up a pizza box, sounding awkward and uncomfortable even to yourself.
"How can I refuse that?" He smiles a bit and steps back for you to come in, also sounding uncomfortable.
He turns off his music as the two of you sit at the table.
"Don't you think that music's a bit too loud for headphones?" You ask.
"Probably." He stands up from the table and walks over to the counter. "Drink?"
"Water's good." You say. Normally you'd just help yourself, but then again, normally you're not this uncomfortable here.
After a moment, he sits a glass of water and two slips of paper in front of you. "Merry Christmas." He says, sitting back down.
You pick up the slips and inspect.
"They're doing Mendelssohn. I know he's your favorite." Bruce awkwardly eats his pizza. "Take whomever you wish."
"You mean you don't want to come?" You look at him, your heart pounding.
"I mean, I would. If you want. I figured you'd want to take, I dunno. Tony, maybe. Someone else."
"Why on earth would I do that?"
"I thought you and he had a thing."
"You're my boyfriend." You point out.
"So?"
"Is that why you're mad?"
"I'm not mad."
"What's your deal, then?"
"I don't have a deal."
"Yeah you do. What is it?"
"Literally everybody in the world can have sex with you."
"Well, thanks." You say sarcastically, wondering if that was meant as an insult or not.
"But I can't."
"So?"
"So? I want to. Tony fucking Stark--"
"Well, I don't want to have sex with Tony. In fact, that's one of--" You cut off as his watch starts beeping.
He closes his eyes, pressing his palms to the table and taking deep breaths until it stops. "Sorry." He says quietly.
"It isn't your fault."
"Yeah, well. If I wasn't such a selfish bastard, I'd break up with you and let you be with someone who could--"
"Maybe I don't want sex, Bruce. Just because that's what media makes out to be the center of everything, doesn't mean that it actually is. I like being with you."
"And I like being with you. That's the problem."
"How is that a problem?" You sigh, running your fingers through your hair.
"Because I think I love you." His watch starts beeping again. "Fuck." He whispers, pressing his fingers to his temples.
You wait for him to calm down.
His watch keeps beeping.
You get up and kneel beside his chair, your hand on his arm. "Bruce, baby." You say gently.
"You probably should get away." He says, eyes closed as he takes deep breaths. His watch slowly stops and he opens his eyes to look at you. The watch beeps again.
"I think you'd be less stressed if that thing wasn't beeping all the time." You say as he closes his eyes again.
"No. Then I'll turn into a big green monster."
"Just take it off for a moment. We'll test it."
"Bad call, Y/N." It stops beeping.
"Let's just do it."
He takes it off with a sigh, his eyes closed.
"What are you afraid of?" You whisper.
"Turning into--"
"No, not that. With me."
"I'm afraid of hurting you. Of losing you."
"Then love me."
"I told you." He says, opening his eyes. "I can't--"
"Not like that. Just let yourself love me." You say softly.
"I can't."
"You can." You pull his head down and kiss him gently.
"My watch would be beeping." He says.
"But it isn't. It's okay."
He lets out a sigh and kisses you. "I love you." He says, eyes closed.
You smile. "I love you too."
You stand up and return to your chair. "So, how about that orchestra?" You ask. "Would you be ever so kind and accompany a damsel?"
"Your wish is my command." He smiles.