Remus Lupin x Reader

You follow James, Sirius and Peter to the hospital wing. Remus walks out the door just as James goes to open it. "Moony!" The boys chorus.
"Hey." Remus tries for a smile.
Sirius throws his arm around him. "Let me catch you up." He begins.
"On just one night?" Remus asks.
"A lot can happen in a night, Moony." Sirius winks. "First Y/L/N and I--"
"That didn't happen." You interrupt.
"You don't know what I was going to say." Sirius says. "I was going to say we played chess."
"We didn't." You laugh.
"Anyways." Sirius continues.
"I think I'm just gonna go up to the dormitory." Remus says as you all get to the Great Hall.
"What? No dinner?" James asks, appalled at the idea.
"I'm not hungry." Remus says. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." He slips out from under Sirius' arm and walks away without another word.
You start to say something, but James pulls you into the Great Hall. "He's all right." He assures you.
"I'll go check on Remus." Peter says when he's done eating.
"Let Y/N go." Sirius says, bringing his fork back to his face.
Peter gives him a weird look, and he shrugs. "A woman's touch, I believe they call it." He grins.
You get up and rush to the Fat Lady and up to the boys' dormitories. "Remus?" You ask, knocking on the door as you open it.
He's sitting on a bed, a book in his lap. "Hi." He says flatly, very not like him.
"Hey." You shut the door behind you and go to sit on his bed.
Remus points at another bed in the room. "That's the bed Sirius wants you in." He informs you, and you laugh.
"What are you reading?" You ask in a desperate attempt at conversation.
He holds up the book to show the one you had gotten him for Christmas.
You smile and nod. "Like it?"
He nods and keeps reading. He turns the page with a tense hand.
"Remus?"
"What?" He asks sharply.
You raise your eyebrows and he sighs, running a hand over his face. "Sorry." He says softly.
"You're fine." You smile gently. Your eyes drift to the table beside his bed to see a bottle. "I thought you didn't drink." I say.
"Yeah, well." He reaches for the bottle, but you slap his hand away. It's his turn to raise his eyebrows at you.
"What's going on?" You ask.
"Nothing."
"What's your problem, Remus?"
"Besides that I'm a bloody monster who can't control anything once a month?" He snaps.
"Yeah, me too." You nod.
He gives you a weird look. "What?"
"Have you seen me on my period? I'm a bitch."
He laughs as though despite himself. "In all honesty," he says solemnly, "You shouldn't associate with me. Your parents wouldn't be thrilled."
"Yeah, well. They wouldn't be thrilled about me being friends with Sirius either."
"I'm worse, Y/N." He doesn't look at you.
"Yeah. You're my boyfriend." You say, moving to sit beside him, reading over his shoulder.
"You know I'm not like Sirius." He says.
"Yes, I'm aware. That's why you're my boyfriend."
"I know. You probably should leave." He whispers, clears his throat, and climbs off the bed, going to stare out the window.
You get up and follow him. "Well, too bad. Not until you tell me what's going on."
"Nothing."
You reach up and touch his cheek, where his scar is. He closes his eyes against your touch. "You always said you'd tell me what happened one day." You say quietly, thinking it may distract him.
"You want to know?" He snaps, jerking his head from your fingers. "I'm a bloody werewolf, okay? You can run screaming now, go wash out your mouth from all those kisses, whatever you wish." He turns and glares out the window.
You don't move.
"What are you waiting for? Run." He growls.
"I don't run." You shrug.
"You would if you saw me."
"I'm looking at you right now, baby."
"You haven't seen the real me."
"I'm looking at the real you."
He glances at you with a soft expression, but it immediately hardens again. "You haven't seen me rip mercilessly at my friends' throats." He says cooly. "Why aren't you fucking running?"
"You know I've known, right?"
He glances at you, panicked. "You've what?"
"I've known you were a werewolf since second year."
"You did?"
"Yes."
"So why the fuck are you loving me?" He turns to you.
You're almost scared at his expression, and just how dangerous he looks right now. "Maybe because I love you? If you would stop being so self-pitying, maybe, just maybe, you'd actually notice!"
"I don't want to hurt you." He whispers.
You pull him to you and kiss him. He almost falls forward, pinning you against the wall as he kisses you back.
"How can you love me?" He gasps out, sucking in breath as he sits down, leaning against the window. "How?"
"Easy." You smile, sitting across from him. "You remind me of--"
"Don't say Sirius."
"I was gonna say Odysseus."
"How?" He looks at you like you're crazy. "Pretty sure Odysseus isn't a monster."
"No, he isn't. Neither are you, though. You're both just suffering, never smile, and have admirable strength. And I love him too." You add.
He smiles, and, for the first time, kisses you first.