Chapter 8 - Betrayal

Start from the beginning

I took the crib and rolled it towards the door. I exited the room leaving Henry and the lady in there while they banged on the door. I left the building and stood outside of it. I saw a woman walking toward her car.

"Excuse me, miss. Can you please watch them for a minute?" I begged her. She agreed and placed them at the backseat of her car, sitting next to them assuring they were safe. I went back into the house, and up to the room. I gave my wolf back control.

"Miss? Are you okay?" I flew off what seems to be a bed. "I'm sorry, didn't mean to startle you" she apologized.

"It's okay, where's...?"

"Your babies are fine, they're asleep, I bathed them already and fed them"

"Thank you...." I trailed on.

"Oh, Celine" she smiled.

"Thank you Celine, I'm Luke" I shook her hand.

"You're a guy?" She asked. I laughed and nodded. She apologized and left so I can rest. I closed my eyes, my body not fully relaxed but my head already asleep.

"Please don't do this, Luke" The ground shaking, things falling off the ceiling as I stood in front of them both.

"I-I trusted you"

"She made me do it" he told me.

"Who are you both? Honestly" I asked trying to remain calm.

"She's my wife, she couldn't have kids so when I saw you with the babies, I told her and what made her do this was she wanted your power because..."

"Shut up! You had enough to do with this" she cut him off.

"I trusted you, I liked you, I.." Before I could finish the sentence. The house started to crumple.

"Luke, calm down" Henry begged. I looked at him, my eyes showing red as I saw the reflection in his eyes.

The house soon crumbled into pieces as the rough waves if the ocean take it in piece by piece, leaving no existence of the house or Henry's 'mother'. I watched him stood up from the sand, walking towards me. My body becoming weak, I fell onto the ground letting darkness over take me.

"Well done, my child" I looked around seeing I'm back in the foggy environment I was once before. "You showed your true self but there's more still unrevealed"

"Moon goddess, what happened?" I asked her.

"It's best you don't know my child, however, do know that you have the power to fight back. Your wolf will become fed up of a bad condition and will reveal itself again"

"He's okay, right?"

"He's fine. He'll reveal himself like he did when you're at your worst. He can be weakened, but only by the look of someone he cares for." She said. Before I can ask her anything, she disappeared.

2 months later

I rushed off the bed and ran into the bathroom. I stood up from off the toilet and walked to the sink, I washed my mouth and face then went into the shower.

I changed into new clothes and went on my bed and looked at the TV. The phone I recently bought started ringing. I picked it up and answered.

"H-Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, are you home?" The voice asked.

"Yes" I smiled and got more comfortable on the bed.

"Alright, I'm coming over. I closed the bakery early today"

"See you soon" I said and she hung up.

A while after, the door bell went off. I got off the bed quickly and went to open the door.

"Hey, Luke"

"Hi Miss J" I hugged her. Before I could close the door, a car stopped in front of the yard. The person in the car looked like Michael. I quickly shut the door close.

"What's wrong?" She asked me. I couldn't function. Was it him or was it not him? I asked myself.

"I....Michael..." I stuttered.

"Oh sweetie, he's not here. It's just your nightmares making you see things" she rubbed my arm. She walked with me into the kitchen. "Where's the kids?" She asked.

"Playing with the Lego's you got them"

"I'm glad they like it, you've been keeping this place pretty tidy, much better than the person I had in here before" She said, sitting down.

"I can't thank you enough for all of this, you're a lifesaver" I said.

"It's no problem, darling."

"How was work..." A round of dizziness made me nauseas before I could finish my sentence.

"You alright?" She asked sitting up.

"Just feeling dizzy" I brushed it off.

"You don't look well. Have you eaten?"

"Yes I have but it didn't stay in my tummy" I laughed. She smiled and open her bag, handing me a bowl.

"Eat sweetie" she smiled and went on the floor to play with the kids. I smiled and looked at the way they interacted with her. I actually feel happy. Nothing can break that.

-------------------

Thanks for reading.