Chapter Twenty-Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Whose fault is it then, if it should not be yours.

The voice of my conscious, a part of me that was determined to blame me, was merciless, unforgiving and would also result in laughing at my attempts at convincing it otherwise. 

"It's my fault," I whispered solemnly. 

My brother smirked.

That's better...doesn't that feel better?

"Yes." And it did feel better, it truly did. Then it always felt better to agree with the voice. It was my fault. Everything they had done to me was because of how ugly I am, how annoying and stupid and pathetic and dumb I am. Everything was my fault-

"Alina are you down here. Please, your Daddies are getting so worried. Baby please where are you?"

You should never lie to yourself, freak.

Footsteps echoed against the cold stone walls, and my brother retreated into the darkness as I stayed silent from where I stood.

My father called out, "She's down here. She's going into shock."

I shook my head as the voice fell silent and I turned noiselessly to watch as Trex came rushing down the cellar stairs.

"Alina oh thank god." 

His arms wrapped around me, pulling me up to his chest and quickly turned.

"I'm sorry you had to see this Princess. No more hide and seek for a while, yeah?"

I didn't reply just whined softly, as we left the room, my pleading eyes never leaving my fallen paci.

--------

The tunnel opened, revealing beautiful stone creatures of familiars who have been a war. They have been displayed in a way that looks as though they're all having a tea party with a large blanket in the middle and a very expensive looking teapot on top of that.

"Daddy it's so magical!" I exclaimed, from my perch in Xavier's arms, with both my arms full of teddies ready for the tea party. 

Using the tip of one free finger to run it down the edge of a stone wolf's nose, I smiled softly, my episode from this morning long since forgotten. Of course, that also included my temper tantrum at Emma's party last night/early this morning. 

A koi pond sits at the far end of the clearing, and a waterfall sounded in the distance. Voltix walked up and moved to one of the empty spots beside the picnic blanket, Lili followed him. 

"Daddy, picnic?"

"Yes baby girl," Pinching my cheeks. "It's too early for lunch, but I figured you might like a few snacks before we head back home for your lessons."

We walk over to the picnic, and he drops me down onto the blanket. Immediately I start to set up my stuffies on one side, before turning to pout at Daddy as he sat beside me.

"Do I weally haf to go to lessons today Dada?"

Mercuries chuckled above me before he to dropped to the ground. Chevron and Zeus followed with their beasts and Lili curling up at the other end of the koi pond. My mind filtered back to an hour ago as Zeus passed me a yucky sandwich and an apple.

Flashback:

Confused, I watched Lili snuggles into Galia and Voltix's arms. They almost seemed to be acting like my Daddies and me. 

"Daddy, is Lili their little?" I whispered as Mercuries jumped over another log, my hand gripping onto his fur. 

"Yeah baby Lili is, but they have been separated since you and I were so they're just making up for lost time like us."