Picking Up The Pieces (Working Title)

"My gorgeous Bunny,

I guess if you’ve got this, you’ve either been nosing around in my stuff, or I’ve finally lost. First of all, I wanna just remind you how much I love you. Because I really do, and I’m so grateful for all the time I’ve been allowed to have with you.

Secondly, I feel like I should apologise again, for doing this to you. You never deserved this to happen to you and I’m so, so sorry that it did. Now that my time left with you is limited, I know I should’ve been more patient with you. I knew it then, too, but... I don’t know what was going on in my head. Not much, I suppose. Anyway, what’s done is done, unfortunately, and no matter how much time I spend wishing it had never turned out like this, I don’t have the power to change it now, so I will make sure I absolutely and completely cherish the time I do have with you – another thing I should’ve been doing anyway.

But, this isn’t really about that. I’m writing this to let you know how happy you’ve made me, and to thank you for that. I’m not sure you’ll ever quite understand just how much I really love you, or how fucking grateful I am that you stuck with me even though I was a total asshole to you, (did I mention that I’m sorry?).

I want you to keep your chin up, Bunny. I know it won’t be easy and believe me, I’m gonna miss you and the kids so much, but just remember that the years I spent with you were the best of my life. I’d like to think they’re the best of yours too, but you’ve got the whole rest of your life ahead of you, and if you think you’re gonna waste it all being sad, then you’re wrong. As much as I’d love to be the only one for you, I won’t rest til you’re happy again. Maybe you’ll find someone that loves children as much as you do and you can have a huge brood together. Maybe you’ll want to stick to it just being you and the kids. I don’t mind, as long as you’re happy.

Try not to spoil the kids too much. Keep them interested in acting for me. I hope Danny gets more outgoing as he grows up. Don’t let anyone fuck them up, I think they’ve already had enough shit in their lives before we took them in. Oh, and good luck giving Lily the sex talk. I know you’re looking forward to that one.

If there’s some kind of afterlife, I will do my best to look after you guys from there, wherever that might be. Who knows, I might find Cayden there and we can sit around waiting for you and John to be with us again.

I should probably stop rambling now, before I end up staying up all night watching you sleeping. Why watch you when I can still snuggle up with you, right?

One last thing before I go: I love you, Hadley, and I always will. Til death do us part is irrelevant now, for me at least; I’ll always be yours, and I’ll always be there for you. Don’t ever forget that.

Lots of love,

Maxxie."