Chapter 28

Jayson's POV

"Brief me about it," I spat. I could feel my blood boiling and there were only two causes of it; Keston interrupting me from my moment with my mate and the fact that these killings are not coming to an end. Before I left for LA it stopped and thus I took the chance to fly over to find Allysa. And after a few months of being there, the attacks happened again but were rather spread out. We then assumed that it was just the rogues trying to get through us. But then now ever since we came back, the attacks became more frequent and we are losing our guardsmen fast.

"Look Jayson, it's happening again," he walked by me his voice filled with anger. Keston was the lead guardsmen for the Kyrens. He was practically one of the elites of our pack; highly respected and important. "The same pattern, a platinum bullet right between eyes, their hands tied behind their head and the crescent symbol burned on their forehead. We are now on our third encirclement. If they reach our sixth, they will get to our grounds," he ran a hand through his jet-black hair.

"We can't put any on the first three encirclements anymore, we can't risk losing more of us again," I sighed.

"I know. So should I go tell Alpha Luke now?" we came to a halt as he stood in front of me, his piercing slate-grey eyes boring into mine. "I'll meet up with him first and set up a meeting," I pat him on the shoulder, "I'll call the rest too for the meeting. Thanks, Kest,"

"Alright," he brought himself closer and whispered lowly, "By the way is that her?" I peered behind and forgot for a moment that she was following me looking rather lost. "Right,"

"Allysa," I took a step back, wrapping an arm around her waist. "This is Keston, he is the Kyren's head guardsmen,"

"Hi Allysa, nice to finally meet you," Keston shot her his signature smile, bringing a hand forward.

"Nice to meet you too," her mouth curled upwards her eyes gleaming with delight as she shook his hand. Yeah I know he is quite pleasant looking but is she freaking enjoying staring at him?

I rolled my eyes and decided to add in one more small detail, "Oh by the way, he is Renee's mate," her eyes widened and now she looks excited. "Wow, lucky her," she smirked earning a hard glare for me.

"Well, of course," he winked. I turned to her and burned my gaze onto her, making sure she could see jealousy seeping right through me.

Seeming to sense my raging jealous hormones, she cupped her small hands on my cheek before tiptoeing to give me a peck on my lips. "I'm luckier to have you,"

"Alright before the both of you get sappy, I'm going to go find Renee now and update her," Keston chuckled lightly before walking patting my back, "You're so whipped Jays," he whispered low enough for only me to hear earning him a grunt.

"Bye Allysa, I'll see you really soon," he gave her one last smile before bidding her goodbye.

"You should be lucky to have me,"

"Aww are you still jealous?" she cooed while pinching one of my cheeks. I swat her hand away and rolled my eyes. "Shut up before I make you,"

"I want you to shut me up," she ran her hand along my arms, sending shivers down my spine. Damn her for accepting me. Now my feelings are heightened and there is no need for me to hide or control it anymore.

"Not here Allysa," I groaned as she brought herself closer and rested her hands on my chest. "Why not?" she tiptoed before snaking her arms around my neck, pulling my head lower so I was eye level as her.

"Because we are at the main hall of the pack house and you know this is not really a private place," she gave a gentle kiss on my neck, hitting me right in the spot. "You're going to regret this Allysa," I slowly peeled her away and rolled my eyes.