Chapter 11

His hand reached down to clasp mine, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

Why are we in this place? It creeps the hell out of me.

We sauntered further into the dark looming forest. My hands were still tightly held with his, making me feel protected. We have been walking into the forest for what seemed like ages. The humming of gentle-flowing water soon greeted our ears; then I knew we were nearing the stream.

“We’re here,’’ his deep voice rang though my ears.

The stream flowed smoothly blending itself into the beautiful Mother Nature. Birds came flying and chirping happily. Next to the stream, there was a gamut of beautiful flowers. Any type of species, you name it; from Fireweeds to Cardamine Diphylla. Yes, I know my flowers. Rocks and boulders lay neatly at the sides of the stream forming a straight line.  It was definitely an enchanting sight.

Scanning though the ends of the stream, I saw a girl standing balancing herself on the trail of rocks and boulders. The girl had a tangerine sun dress on and had her wavy auburn brown hair flowing down till her waist. A guy came sneaking from behind her and carried her by the waist, lifting her effortlessly. He was wearing a black shirt with dark denim jeans which were folded.  I guessed they were playing with the water on the stream’s rocky banks since the both of them were barefooted.  They were laughing and seemed so happy. As the guy twirled the girl around, I caught a glimpse of his face.

Kent? What was he doing here? And who was that girl? He has a girlfriend? WHAT? He didn’t tell me anything!

“Ally,” Dean pulled me from my reverie. He brought his blue eyes to mine, piercing it through.

Wait…his eyes are more like azure. Why haven’t I notice this before?

I was captivated. Everything was forgotten; especially me being annoyed when Kent kept that girl hidden from me.

He took a step closer bringing his hands down to my waist. Grabbing his shirt, I pulled him, wrapping my arms tightly around. He froze but slowly brought his warm arms around me; hugging me back. Something growled and shifted in the woods causing my eyes to spring open. I squinted over his shoulder and saw it; the exact same one. The huge grey wolf stood still, its paws digging into the soft soil under it. I stared into his eyes and it was all too familiar. Only one word pop into my mind; Jayson.

Dean grab my face and grazed his lips against mine, teasing it. He forcibly pressed his lips and surprisingly mine moved with sync.

Wrapping his arms around me tighter and tighter, I found it harder to breathe. He ran one hand down to the end my shirt and slipped his hand in.  

“Dean,” I muttered. He groaned and continued to move his hand further up. This time, his second hand came running up my back. Sending kisses down my jaw, I couldn’t help but feel disgusted by what he was doing. 

What was he trying to do?

“Dean, stop,” I tried wiggling out of his tight grip. He slowly trailed his kisses to my neck. His mouth open and his teeth were bared, making contact with my skin.

“Dean!” Shrieking I tried wrenching myself away from him. His teeth went deeper and cut into my skin, piercing into my flesh. I let out a bloodcurdling scream and heard a loud growl emanating through the words. His teeth left me and he spun without losing his grip on me. I immediately placed my hand on the mark; it was a reflex. It was wet…it was blood.

I took a glance at the surroundings. We weren’t by the stream anymore. Kent and the girl were gone. The nice sound of the water was gone. There was nothing but trees after trees. And the silence that slowly crept in.