Chapter 7

Allysa's p.o.v

It was only eight in the morning and Kent was already making so much noise!

''What the hell are you doing? I can't get any sleep!'' I stormed into his room. There he was rummaging through his books, not even sparing a glance at me. Wait not only books but everything! The room was in a total mess. Why was he awake this early? I knew my brother; he will never wake up this early. Wait a minute...

''Kent! What day is today?'' I gasped. Well, that caught his attention. He snapped to my direction and look at me from top to bottom with wide eyes.

''Allysa! Why are you still in your PJ's? Aren't you going to school?''

Ah crap! I totally forgot about school! It was Friday! And now I'm in Kent's room with my pyjamas!

''It's already 8:30 and I'm really late. I'm not going,'' I snorted.

''Lazy pig,'' with that, he continued to rummage through his stuff. Whatever, I am not heading to school. I am already late anyway. I got into my room and let myself lie down on my bed. Staring out the window, I decided to make my day useful instead of lying on bed all day. It was a nice weather anyway so it won't harm if I went out for a jog. Mum and Dad were not at home; as usual, they were working throughout the weekend, so I won't be able to meet them for the rest of the week.

Slipping into a black tank top and my favourite blue hoodie over it, I grabbed my Nike shoes and matched it up with outfit. I peeped into Kent's room and saw him lying across his bed staring at the ceiling.

''Bro, I'm going to go for a jog. I won't bring my phone,''

''OK, be careful. Don't take too long my dearest sister,'' He winked only causing me to roll my eyes.

I jogged down the stairs and made my way to the park.

''Déjà vu,'' I smirked.

After about thirty minutes of constant jogging, I had to take a break. Slowly making my way to the end of the park where the fitness corner was located, I noticed the park was slightly deserted. There weren't many people there since it was a weekday; clearly means many were working and most were schooling. One thing about this park was it is really just next to the forest; that does creeps the hell out of me. But who cares? It's day time, so there won't be any creatures haunting in the woods.

I was doing some sit ups when I heard something crushing the leaves. I spun and look into the woods. Trying to convince myself that it was just my imagination, I shook my head. Continuing with what I was doing, I heard it again. The thought of running away came instantly but then I saw it.

Seriously, I've never imagined that it was so huge. Its fur was dark brown and was very thick. Its nose flared accordingly to its breathing. It came closer, stomping its huge paws on the ground. Each step it took made the only thing that broke the silence; crushing of leaves.

A growl escaped through its chest and it opened its mouth revealing those huge sharp menacing teeth. Letting out a bloodcurdling scream, I sprinted through the woods.

I was so petrified by what I saw. I ran further into the woods, hearing the paws coming after me, chasing me down. Yes, it was rather stupid for me to run into the woods. But what was I supposed to do, I panicked!

What did I do? I was doing my own things when this huge creature came and haunt me. I am going to die.

I had no idea where I was going but I knew I had to run in order to save myself. Not looking at what was underneath; I tripped onto a huge branch which had happily torn my pants, scraping my skin while it was at it. I spun to see that big wolf coming closer to me. I dragged myself away but it bit my leg, pulling me to it. Screaming at how much it hurt, I wished it was just an illusion. I knew no one was here to save me. I was officially dying. In the papers tomorrow, there will be heading stating 'Young Girl Die at the Age of 18 by a Wolf'. No, I bet people won't even find me. This creature would sure kill me, leaving no evidence. I've heard wolves are smart creatures.