Chapter 16

Christina P.O.V.

I feel so terrible right now. It wasn't Four who lied to Tris, it was me. I told her that he was arching his eyebrows and not making eye contact with her, but he was doing the opposite.

I guess I just got so jealous of her being the first in Dauntless initiation and dating Four. I am content with my life, though. I just haven't thought about it until after I lied to her. I didnt think she would commit suicide over it. God, I'm such an idiot!

I'm going to go apologize to her in the hospital now, if she is awake. I heard she was in a coma.

Tobias P.OV.

I stand outside of her room, pacing. They say she might not wake up, and will stay in that coma forever. But she can't. Not Tris. Not my Tris.

Christina walks up to me and I ask her, "Are you here to visit Tris? She's in a coma now and can't-"

"I know." She cut me off. "Listen, Four, you can't be mad at me when I tell you this, but Tris tried to commit suicide because of me."

"What?" I ask, almost yelling.

"You see she was suspicious about you cheating on her, so she showed me a video of you telling her that you would never do that and asked me to find if you were lying or not. I said you lied, even though you didn't. I was just jealous, I guess. She has a great life, but I haven't appreciated mine until now. I'm so sorry, Four." She says in a low voice.

She expects me to listen to this and not get angry at her? How on Earth could anyone do that?

"HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THIS AND NOT EXPECT ME TO BE MAD?!" I yell at the top of my lungs. "You know what," I say in a much softer voice, "I'm done taking to you. Bye!" I walk into Tris' room.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

So how was that? Soooo sorry I haven't updated in a while. I really am. I've been so busy lately and it's really hard to find time to write. I will try to update more often in the future though. Sorry again and thanks so much for reading my story!

-Ella 🐢