Chapter 13

After waking up, I check the control room to see if Tobias is there. After all, he can't be there while I ask Christina to "lie detect" him for me.

He's not there and so I walk back to my dorm to get Christina and start to lack my things so I can move into Tobias' apartment.

I shake her awake and tell her the plan. She accepts her role and asks me to wait a half and hour for her to shower. I don't mind and start to pack as she steps into the bathroom.

I open my first drawer. It's contents consist of bras, underwear, and black tank tops. I also have a few bikinis in there for when I go to the pool or beach with Tobias. I sigh and think about how horrible it would be if Tobias was lying and was cheating on me.

I ignore the thought and pack all of my undergarments into my suitcase. Next is my pajamas drawer. It has black and navy flannel pants and a bunch of loose tee-shirts. Some of them have weird writing and symbols on them. One of them has the letters AC then a lightning bolt then DC printed on it in white. Strange.

I go down to my third drawer. It has shirts, and all types of them, to be accurate. Some have thick straps, some have thin straps, and some have no straps at all. Fashion is weird.

My fourth and final clothing drawer is full of super skinny black jeans and jean shorts as well as athletic shorts. Christina steps out of the bathroom, ready, and I decide to pack the rest of my possessions later.

I lead her to the control room and play the tape. "Hmmm," she says. "Play it again and zoom in to his face a little bit. Okay now make it less blurry." We watch it 4 more times until she comes up with a conclusion.

"I conclude that-"