Chapter 7

The whispers started, and I almost felt bad for Zeke for being in that awkward, embarrassing moment he's in now.

"Okay, well I guess let's end for the night and thanks for coming," says Zekw as he gets up and leaves the room. He must feel pretty bad right now. Everyone knows he has had a crush on Shauna ever since their initiation.

Tobias puts his shirt back on and we head out. He drops me off at my forms and gives me a peck on the lips before saying, "Don't forget, you will be choosing your jobs soon, so start to think about where you will enjoy working the most." He says it to all the new Dauntless members.

I drift off to sleep.

I am in my fear landscape, but along with my family when I must kill them, there stands Tobias. I stare into his deep blue eyes before Jeanine's gun goes off and I wake covered in sweat. I couldn't bear to kill him.

As I walk to breakfast in the cafeteria with Christina and Will, I see Tobias on line for muffins. I join him and wave goodbye to Christina and Will.

"Listen Tobias, I have to tell you something." I say to him. He ignores me. "Tobias." I shake him to get his attention but he still ignores me. I am about to scream his name, but I remember that there are other people in here. "FOUR!" I yell instead. Everyone states at me.

Finally Tobias looks at me and waves hi. He doesn't even smile at me. He grabs his muffin and sits at a table with Will and Christina. Strange, he doesn't normally sit with them. I shrug and join him.

"Why are you ignoring me, FOUR," I say.

"Why don't you ask Will, your boyfriend, why I'm ignoring you. He and you both know. I work in the control rooms and I can see all the cameras in Dauntless, in case you have forgotten. I saw you kiss Will last night. I can't believe you would do this to me!" He is yelling now.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" I shout back. I am genuine. Tobias knows I wouldn't do that, and so does Christina, but she walks away with Tobias.

"What are they talking about?" Will asks me.

"I don't know, but they both think it's true, and that is not good."

"Maybe someone added footage to one of the cameras, fake footage." Says Will, he still has some Erudite in him, even though he is officially in Dauntless now.

"That's a good idea, and we have no other ones so we should follow up on that!" I say to him enthusiastically. "The person who changed the footage must have used times where I kissed Four and you kissed Christina, but cut them out of the video and put us together. They had to have been Erudite though. It hurt my brain just to think about doing that." I say. We both laugh.

I walk back to the dorm alone, mulling things over. In my head.