Chapter 2 "It'll Be Okay"

Ken held onto Betty while Cry hugged Boss. Everyone was quiet, waiting to find out what happened. Chica whined, trying to find Mark. Once she found him, Mark held on to Chica, petting her to calm her down. The doorknob started shaking. Unknowingly, Jack clung to Mark in the darkness.

Finally, the door opened.

"Ahh! What the fuck?!" It was Felix. Once he opened the door, he tripped over and fell because he couldn't see anything.

"Pewdie!" Cry yelled, excitedly.

"Why are the lights off?" Pewds asked.

"I don't know..." Cry replied.

"Odd," Pewds said, turning the lights back on. Pewds saw that Mark and Jack huddled up on the floor.

"Septiplier away!" Pewds said, laughing and setting down Ken's gift on a nearby table. In shock, Jack fell backwards and Mark laughed at him. Jack pulled himself up and laughed.

"Now... who's ready to have a party?!" Felix yelled. The lights went out again.

"Again?!" Jack exclaimed, frustrated.

"That's odd," Ken said,"they've never done this until today. This isn't normal." The quiet sound of a light switch being turned on and off could be heard towards the door.

"The lights won't turn on..." Pewds said. The entire room was silent.

"I'm gonna go try to find some flashlights," Felix stated.

"That's a great idea, friend. I'll come with you," Cry added, standing up, then tripping.

"Woah, Cry, are you okay?" Felix asked through laughs. He pulled Cry off the ground by the hand.

"Thank you, friend," Cry thanked. Felix turned the flashlight on his phone.

"It's not very bright. I think we should just keep searching for an actual flashlight." Cry nodded.

"Right."

Meanwhile, Mark was wandering around in the dark, until he saw a small light in the bathroom. He slowly pushed open the door to see Jack.

"Jack?" Mark asked. Jack flipped around, holding his phone. The flashlight on the phone shined into Mark's dark brown eyes. He squinted and put his hand over his eyes.

"What're you doing?" Mark asked, still squinting.

"I thought I heard something in here," Jack replied, pointing the flashlight at the ground.

"Like what?" Jack looked around, nervously.

"I don't know... but it was really weird. It made me think of the time there was a zombie apocalypse." Jack put his hands over his head, closed his eyes, and turned to the wall, avoiding eye contact,"I don't want that to happen again!" Mark frowned and sighed. Then he sat next to Jack on the small toilet, both of them were on the edge. Mark could tell that Jack was close to crying.

"It's gonna be okay, Jack. You know that wouldn't happen. It was cured and there is no way that it will be happening again." Jack sighed and looked over at Mark while hugging his knees.

"You really think so?" Jack asked, frowning. Mark put his hand on Jack's back and gave a comforting smile.

"Of course." Unexpectedly, Jack gave Mark a hug, causing them to fall into the bathtub together. Mark pulled himself off Jack.

"I'm so sorry!" Mark apologized. Jack chuckled.

"It's fine."