Chapter 24

"How did you guys did on the calculus test this morning?" Amber asked Dylan and I at lunch the following day.

"It wasn't all that easy, but I think I passed." I said, taking a bite of my pizza.

"Yeah, me too." Dylan replied.

"Oh great, now I'm freaking out about it." Amber sighed. "I have my test last session today and I'm definitely not feeling ready."

"Oh come on, Amber, you have nothing to worry about." Dylan said.

"Yeah and we could tell you what came on it." I added and Amber nodded. We had just finish eating, when Amber spoke again.

"Jess, where is Ethan?" She asked, wiping her hand on her napkin. "I haven't seen him come for lunch."

"I don't know. After I saw him this morning, I haven't seen him again." I shrugged.

"Oh okay. I thought he wasn't at school." She replied. After a while she spoke again. "Okay you guys, tell me what came on the calculus test?"

For the rest of the lunch period, Dylan and I told Amber the topics that came on the calculus test. Lunch time was almost up, so I took up my garbage and throw it away. My friends and I then left the cafeteria and head to my locker to get my books for fourth period.

As we were walking down the hallway, I looked ahead of me and saw a large crowd. There were a lot of shouting and screaming.

"What's going on?" I asked, giving my friends confused looks. They looked as confused as me as they both shrugged. I walked passed my locker and head over to the crowd, who were in front of the boys locker room. Amber and Dylan followed me.

As I walked down the corridor, I noticed that students were running passed me and shouting. What was going on?

I finally reached the locker room, where the huge crowd was gathered. I pushed through the loud students that were blocking my view to see what the commotion was about.

As soon as I reached the front of the crowd, I saw what the commotion was about. It was Ethan and another boy fighting. I didn't know the name of the boy, but I knew that he was on the football team.

Ethan had the upper hand as he threw punch after punch. I stared at him in shock. Was he crazy? Did he know how much trouble he could get in? Finally moving into action, I went closer to the boys.

"Ethan you have to stop!" I shouted, but he continued. He either didn't hear me or he was ignoring me. "Ethan, stop!" I shouted again.

Ethan's green eyes were dark with anger and his face was hard as he threw punch after punch. I have never seen him this angry before. To be honest, I've never seen Ethan fight before. Sure he was a nuisance, destroys school property and gets in trouble all the time, but never fights.

Deciding that I had to do something before a teacher or the principal showed up and he get expelled, I moved closer and spoke again, "Ethan please stop this!" I shouted louder this time.

This time he froze with his hands in mid-air and looked around at me. "Are you insane?" My voice now rose with anger. "Why are you doing this? Do you have any idea how much trouble you could get in?" The small crowd of people became quiet as I spoke. "Dammit Ethan, sometimes you don't think of consequences, you just jump in and do what you please!"

I saw his shoulders relax and he released the boy, who ran away from Ethan as quickly as possible. "I'm sorry." Ethan whispered.

I just looked at him with disappointment and sighed. "I have to get to class." I said in a whisper as I turned around and walked away from the crowd. My friends walked away with me. The crowd dispersed after that because there was no more excitement.

Dylan turned in the direction of his class, while Amber and I went to English class.

"Are you okay?" Amber asked me.

I sighed and nodded, "Yeah. I was just worked up." I replied.

"I'm sorry about that." She said giving me a sad smile.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Anyway, let's walk up. We don't want to be late for class." Amber said and we walked fast towards class.

                         ♦♦♦♦

English class had just ended and Ethan didn't show. I just hope he had just decided to skip to cool off and it's not because the boy had reported him and he had gotten suspended. Even though I was angry with him, I was worried. I didn't want him to get in trouble.

As I walked down the corridor to my other class, I scanned the hallways for him, but I didn't see him anywhere.

At the end of the school day, I was at my locker putting away my books, when someone walked up behind me. I turned around to see that it was Ethan.

"Ethan where have you been?" I asked, sighing with relief as I closed my locker.

"I left school." He answered like it was the most common thing in the world. I looked at him, waiting for him to continue. "I couldn't come to class. I couldn't stand to see that look of disappointment on your face."

I folded my arms across my chest, "What did you expect, Ethan? You go around throwing punches and I should be happy about that?" I asked.

He took my hand in his, "Look Jessica, I'm sorry that you are upset. I really am. But I'm not sorry I punched that boy. He deserved everything he got." He said.

"But didn't you think that you could've gotten in big trouble?"

"I thought about it, but I didn't care. I would do it again in a heartbeat." He replied. He looked out ahead of him, his eyes going dark with anger. I began to wonder what the boy did that could have gotten him this angry.

I placed my hand on his shoulder to get his attention. "Why? What happened?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter, okay? I took care of it." He responded. I looked at him and he turned away avoiding eye contact. "Come on, let's go. We can hang out at my house if you want."

I sighed, "I'm sorry, Ethan. I'm just not in the mood. I just want to go home." I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him on his cheek. "I'll call you later, okay?"

He nodded his head, giving me a sad smile. I walked away from him and left the school.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A/N: Hey....

This chapter is short. I know and I'm sorry, but it's because the story is coming to an end. Yes, you've heard right. The story is ending... 😢😢

I hope you liked this chapter. Please let me in on your thoughts. Don't be a silent reader. Yes, I'm talking to you 👇 👀👀

Please vote and comment! I would love you forever!

The final chapter is up next.

I love you all. Stay awesome!

Alecia