Chapter 19

Tuesday after school, my friends and I went to a cafe to get milkshakes and to hang out.

As soon as we went into the building, I turned to Dylan. "Why did you insist on coming here?" I asked.

"This is where the guy that I told you guys about works after school and on the weekends." He explained.

"Oh, the barista guy?" Amber asked, fixing the scarf around her neck. The wind had picked up today, which created a slight chill in the air.

"Yeah." Dylan replied.

"Which one is he?" I asked.

Dylan indicated a black haired boy that stood behind the cashing machine to the right. "There." He said.

I looked at the boy, then at Dylan, "He's cute." I replied. "Okay, so you go order and Amber and I will find us a seat." I added, giving him a little shove. He took a deep breath and head in that direction. Amber and I went to find a seat.

We found a seat near the side window and sat down across from each other. After five minutes, Dylan came and sat beside Amber.

"So, how did it go?" I asked, a big smile on my face.

"Jess, I went to order muffins and milkshakes, not confess my undying love." He said and Amber and I cracked up with laughter.

"Come on, Dylan. You know what I mean." I replied.

"Okay, okay. We chatted for a while." He supplied.

"What did he say?" Amber asked eagerly.

"He just asked how I was and I did the same. He didn't have time to say anymore, because he had done cashed my order by then." He explained.

"He's so into you." Amber said, bumping Dylan's shoulder.

"Totally." I agreed.

"You guys think?" He asked.

"Well, there is only one way to find out." I said in a sing song voice. "Offer to buy him hot chocolate one day." I suggested.

"Yeah, maybe I'll do that." He smiled. Just then a waiter came with our tray of muffins and milkshakes.

"So Jess, how are you and Ethan?" Amber asked as we began to eat.

"We almost kissed on Saturday." I confessed.

"What?" She and Dylan spluttered.

"This is outstanding!" Dylan added, a grin spread across his face.

"So what happened?" Amber asked.

"You came up to us and asked for me to follow you to the shop." I said.

"Oh God, I can't believe I did that." She berated herself. I laughed.

"So that means you do like him then?" Dylan queried.

"I don't know. I thought I didn't," I looked down at my plate and played with my muffin. I looked back up at my friends, who had eager looks on their faces. "But every time I'm around him, my heart would start beating faster and he makes me smile. And even though he can be annoying at times, he is actually fun to hang out with. He makes me feel good."

Dylan and Amber grabbed each others hands and shrieked. "I knew it! You do like him!" Amber shrieked bouncing up and down on the seat.

"I didn't say that." I replied.

"But you basically admitted it. You just don't want to accept it." Dylan said.

"Oh Jessica. I'm so sorry for ruining the moment." Amber said apologetically.