Chapter 15

I got to school on Monday and sat on one of the benches in the courtyard. I still had twenty minutes before the first bell rang, so I was going to kill some time. I took out my ear buds, connected it to my phone and plugged it into my ear.

I was singing quietly to I'm not the only one, that was playing on my phone, when I saw Ethan walking up to me. He said something and smiled.

I took out my ear buds, "what did you just say?" I asked.

"I see dancing is not the only thing you are good at." He repeated.

"I'm not that good." I said.

"You sound good to me." He said quietly. I shook my head, but let the subject drop. Ethan came around and sat beside me.

"I was thinking that one day we can go to that ice-cream shop again and get ice-cream." He said.

"The competition is coming up. Are you trying to get me fat?" I asked incredulously.

"Oh come on. You won't get fat. Okay then, we can order one and share it." He winked at me.

"In your dreams, lover boy." I replied.

"Now, now, Red. How did you know about my dreams?" He asked cheekily. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. "You know you want to share an ice-cream with me. Just tell me and your wish is granted." He added.

"How about a nice warm cup of Shut the Hell Up?" I asked sweetly.

"You're on a roll. I like it." He winked again.

"Fine. I will get the damn ice-cream with you. Happy?" I asked.

"Delighted." He grinned.

I shook my head at him, "You are something else, Ethan. Something else."

"I know. I do try." He replied and I couldn't help but laugh at his antics. Ethan then looked at me with those captivating green eyes. "We are kind of friends, aren't we?" He asked.

"Kinda." I replied, smiling widely. I then looked up in front of me and saw Dylan in the parking lot. "Dylan! Dylan, over here." I waved, trying to get his attention. Dylan looked around in my direction and began walking over to us.

"Hey Jessie. How come you're here so early?" He queried as he reached the table. He then looked at Ethan. "Hey Ethan." He greeted him.

"Sup dude." Ethan greeted back.

"I woke up way too early this morning." I responded to Dylan's question.

"Oh, I was beginning to wonder why you two were out so early." He teased. Ethan opened his mouth to respond, but was cut off by a voice in front of us.

"Well, well. If it isn't Ms. Perfect." Ramona snickered. I didn't even realized when she walked over to us. "Finish working on your dance routine? After all, you would need to come good if you have any hope of beating me." she boast.

"What are you even saying?" I asked absentmindedly. I really didn't have time for this girl.

"You don't understand what I'm saying? I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you make me talk in stupid for you to understand." She laughed cynically.

"Jessica won't let you do that. You're doing a pretty good job of that on your own." Dylan interjected.

Ramona turned her piercing green eyes on Dylan. "You, don't talk to me." She pointed her finger at him. "I've heard all about you and I don't want someone like you talking to me. Why don't you try being normal?"