Chapter 2

It was after school and I was in my locker room changing into my dance clothes. I put on a black tank top, black baggy pants and my white sneakers. I pulled my red hair into a high pony tail and left the locker room. I entered the wide room that we used for our dance class and the other dance students were already there warming up. I went over to the group and joined them.

Ever since freshman year, I was a member of the dance team and it was in junior year that our dance teacher and the other members voted me team captain. We would practice new routines and dance to all genres of music, but my favourite was hip hop and R&B and I was good at it.

When I came here and found out that the school had a dance club, I was excited and signed up instantly. I love to dance, it just give me a free feeling and when I'm dancing, I feel good about myself. I'm hoping to be a professional dancer one day.

Dance class was pretty exciting, we would dance at assemblies or when we have major event at school, but the biggest event that we have been apart of was when we entered a dance competition for schools last year. We didn't made it in the top ten, but we were still proud of ourselves because we had fun.

Our dance teacher, Ms. Wilson entered the room and called for our attention. We all stood up and gathered around her. "Okay guys, today we are doing contemporary, so grab a partner and fall in step." We did as we were told and dance class began.

When class was finished, I took a shower and changed back into my clothes and left the school in my car. When I pulled up into my driveway, it was 4:30pm. I got out of my car, locked it and went to the front door.

"Mom! I'm home!" I shouted, as I closed the door behind me.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Mom shouted back. I walked to the kitchen and see her cutting tomatoes. She looked up and smiled when she saw me. "Sweetheart, how was school?"

"Good." I answered.

"Okay and how was dance class?" Mom asked, as she began to cut up some lettuce.

"That was great." I answered and my mom shakes her head.

"You and dancing. Sometimes I think you are interested in it more than school work." Mom gave me a look and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course not, Mom. Anyways, I'm going upstairs now to do my homework." I said taking up my bag and turning from the kitchen. As I was passing my little sister's room, she opened the door.

"Jessica, I need to talk to you." My fourteen year old sister, Tamara grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room. She placed me to sit down on her bed and she sat beside me. I rest my bag on the ground beside her bed.

I looked at her curiously, "What is it, Tamara?"

She looked down at her hands for a second before she sighed. "I need your advice." I raised an eyebrow at her. It's not everyday that my sister ask me for advice, so I was surprised.

"Okay." I said, indicating for her to continue.

"Um...okay, so there is this boy in my maths class that I like but he doesn't seem interested in me. It's like he doesn't know I exist. What do you think I should do?" Tamara asked. I looked at her wide eyed and then a big smile spread across my face.

"I can't believe it!" I shrieked in excitement. "My little sister's first crush. This is pretty exciting!"

Tamara groaned, "Come on, Jess. Don't make me regret telling you." she glared at me with her deep blue eyes that were identical to mine.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry, I got carried away." I replied. She rolled her eyes.

"Okay, good. Now what should I do?" She asked again.

"Well for one, you should talk to him. I don't mean you should be all weird and creepy, but when the right opportunity comes along, you should try having a conversation with him." I replied.

"What if that doesn't work?" She questions.

"Well, if it doesn't work, you should always remember to be yourself. If he doesn't like you for who you are, then he's missing out." To be honest, I can't imagine anyone not liking Tamara. Not only was she a nice girl, but she was beautiful. Her long brown hair framed her face perfectly. She got her hair colour from our Dad, while I got my red hair from our Mom. We both got our blue eyes from Mom. Not to mention she has this charming personality that everyone loves.

She was a freshman at high school, but she goes to a different school from me. She would always tell me about the teachers and students there. Whether they were too mean, too bitchy or nice.

"Okay." She said after some thought, "Thanks Jess."

I got up off her bed and took up my bag. I gave her a smile, "No problem." I left her room and closed the door softly behind me. I walked to my room that was right beside my sister's.

I entered my room and throw my bag in the corner. I flopped down on my bed and started on my homework which was a lot. I got homework for every class today. These teachers sure wanted to kill us. At least tomorrow was Friday, so I could get a break from school.

Two hours later, I finished all my homework and I went downstairs for dinner. The three of us sat at the table and ate dinner. When we were finished, I cleaned up and went up to my room and got ready for bed.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A/N: Hola! I hope you liked this chapter.

Please comment and let me know. I will really appreciate it. Vote and share also!

I love you all! Xoxo

Alecia