vii. karl marsten

||CHAPTER SEVEN||
'KARL MARSTEN'

||CHAPTER SEVEN||'KARL MARSTEN'

"I don't trust either of them." I mutter watching Amanda and Karl talk about his cigar.

Pete laughs from beside me and throws an arm around my waist, laughing into my ear making my mode angrier by the seconds.

"Definitely not Karl but that Amanda girl, wow, she got looks." He continues to stare at her as she talks to the devil himself.

Amanda walks away and Nick takes that as his opportunity to ask Karl about the Mutt. I turned to face Logan as I listen into their conversation.

"You called?" Karl asked Nick.

"If it were for my design advice, I would suggest starting with a blowtorch." Karl continued, taunting Nick on his choice of design for the club.

"Can I get you a drink?" Nick asks him, ignoring the blow.

"One part vodka, two parts poison?" Karl jokes, well kind of jokes.

"We don't have any bad blood, do we?" Nick questions, trying to stay calm and collective.

"Between us? Of course not." Karl tells Nick sarcastically.

"Let's get to it then." Nick directs him towards the rest of us.

***********

Logan, Pete and I leaned against a table close to the other two men who were playing pool.

"You certainly are an international Mutt of mystery. Last I heard you were in London, but yet here you are at a moment's notice. I'm curious to know what you're doing in the area." Nick asks Marsten, watching him get the balls into the socket.

"You think I don't know how to set up a Google alert? Wolf attacks in Upstate New York

"You think I don't know how to set up a Google alert? Wolf attacks in Upstate New York. That means something is happening. I like to be close to the action." Marsten tells him, continuing to play the game of pool.