xxii. escaping

||CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO||
'ESCAPING'

My eyes opened slowly as I felt a cold breeze hit my face

My eyes opened slowly as I felt a cold breeze hit my face. I was outside the abandoned house,  sitting beside a tall tree that I was tied to. I couldn't move my arms or legs, meaning there was no way for me to escape. I continue to pull but I stopped when I felt blood drip down my wrists.

My head snapped to the loud voices near the house door. Out came Santos, the long blonde haired man and the guy with the glasses. I tried to listen in but something was blocking off my hearing. I growled as Santos made his way over to me before he crouched down.

"I'm off to make some sort of deal with Elena. When I get we're gonna deal with the baby of yours." Santos smirked while leaning down to kiss my bloody cheek.

"You'll never touch her." I growled while I spit some bloody saliva on to his face.

"Her? Even better, I'll have three lovely ladies by my side when I kill that rotten pack." Santos promised.

He grabbed his pocket knife and placed it at my elbow. Slowly the knife sliced open my skin and blood began to ooze out. After he stood up and left with the two men.

I watched as their car pulled out of the driveway and off towards the city. My eye lids were growing heavy, as I struggled to keep them open. After a few minutes I let sleep take over my body and hoped my baby girl would be okay.

********

"Ellie! Come on Ellie wake up."

I let out a loud groan as someone continued to shake my aching shoulders. My eyes finally opened to the sight of Elena looking at me worried. She didn't say anything as she carefully stood me up and walked me to the jeep.

"Find Clay." I mumbled as we continued to walk.

"Clay's already in the car, I need to get you in there so we can go home." She explained.

I tried to smile when I noticed Clay hunched over in the front seat. My cuts and bruises forced me to keep my face completely still. Once Elena had opened the back car door, she gently laid me down. She made sure I was safely inside before rushing to the drivers seat and speeding away from the abandoned house.

"Clay." I crooked out.

"Yeah sis." Clay replied with a voice just as weak as my own.

"Are you okay?" I asked before groaning with each bump from the car.

"I'm okay Els, how are you and my baby niece doing?" Clay groans as he tries to turn to face me.

"We're fine." I lied.

"Almost home guys." Elena assured us.

Home. Was StoneHeaven even my real home? I wasn't born there and I have been in danger since the day I entered the front doors. My home was where my family was, Clay, Nick, Elena, Jeremy, Logan and soon my little girl. That's home.