xxiii. the attack

||CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE||
'THE ATTACK'

It was the following day and I haven't left my room yet, I'm afraid of what they'll will say after my outburst last night

It was the following day and I haven't left my room yet, I'm afraid of what they'll will say after my outburst last night. I was now sitting at my table staring down at my old engagement ring.. It was just as beautiful as it was when Rob purposed, it sparkled from the sun light of the midday.

I stopped playing with my ring from the sound of a knock at my bedroom door. I hesitated to answer incase it was Jeremy, I really couldn't face him right now.  I opened it anyway and was surprised to find Nick was the person knocking.

"Hi." I greeted shyly, looking down at my bare feet.

"You both are okay. You had me worried when you disappeared." He looks me up and down.

His gazed sat on my growing stomach

His gazed sat on my growing stomach. My stomach was growing rapidly and I'm nearly three months along. The pregnancy isn't as bad as I was expecting but maybe that was because I had so much other stuff to think about.

"We're okay." I assured him while looking into his eyes.

"Jeremy wanted me to come get you. The mutts are on their way." Nick explained.

I nodded quickly before slipping on a pair of shoes and following him down the stairs and outside. Everyone was here even Logan, they were all standing in a line waiting for the attack. They all turned to me when Nick and I came in, Logan gave me a light smile, while Jeremy kept a straight face.

"Ellie, find somewhere to hide." Jeremy demanded, without any trace of emotion.

"I'm not just going to hide while you guys fight my battles. Santos is here for Elena and me, if he wants me he's going have to fight me first." I growled, while reaching over to the pile of weapons and pulling out a shot gun.

"You're pregnant." Clay pointed out the obvious.

"And homicidal." I told them while loading the gun.

" I told them while loading the gun