xx. reuniting and the past

||CHAPTER TWENTY||
'REUNITING AND THE PAST'

||CHAPTER TWENTY||'REUNITING AND THE PAST'

"You're not going to the city." Nick growled lowly.

It has been an hour since Joey got to the house and I decided now was the best time to talk to Nick. He completely disagreed with the idea of me going to New York for a day or two. I understand his worries but I have more family then only those here in Bear Valley.

"I'm going Nick end of story." I finished our argument before running upstairs and packing my bag.

I ignored Nick as I walked out the front door. The taxi I rang earlier on was here because Clay took the jeep to go see Elena. I slowed down when I noticed Jeremy standing at the car door.

"He's right Ellie, it's too dangerous." Jeremy warns me.

"I know but if I get in any trouble Clay and Elena are there to help, I promise." I assured him.

He just sighed in return but still walked away from the door, allowing me access. I told the driver my address before taking one last look at StoneHeaven, not even sure if I'll make it back.

Goodbye StoneHeaven, Hello Lower East Side.

******

"Yes Shay I'm pulling up right now." I explained to her for the second time.

I realised a loud laugh when I noticed my crazy best friend waving at me. She was still in her favourite pyjamas and her hair was all over the place. It felt like home, wherever Shay was it's home.

"Ah." She screeched rushing over to me.

I paused as tears began to build up in my eyes and I placed a hand over my mouth to muffle my sobs. Shay just laughed as she rushed to wrap her comforting arms around me. We both laughed harder when my pregnant stomach kept us at a certain distance.

We were holding each other for a few minutes until the taxi driver interrupted out reunion. Shay didn't say anything as she took my bags off the man and handed him the correct amount. She took my hand in hers and dragged me up to our apartment, my safe haven.

"Good god, dragging you around is like dragging a fucking hippo." Shay jokes once we entered the apartment. She realised a loud breath, being her usual dramatic self.

"I missed you Shay." I mumbled, ignoring her sarcastic comment and pulled her back into my arms again.

"Enough of this soppy shit. I have my best friend home after nearly four months away, we are having our annual girls night." Shay exclaims rushing to throw her coat on.

"Shay incase you haven't noticed I'm kinda preggers." I remind her while pointing down to my large stomach.

"We're obviously not going to drink Els, we'll just substitute it with a shit ton of pizza and chocolate." Shay looks at me as if she's had it planned out for weeks.