xix. finding joey

||CHAPTER NINETEEN||
'FINDING JOEY'

"We got to get Ellie back to Stone Haven, her wounds are sever

"We got to get Ellie back to Stone Haven, her wounds are sever." Jeremy stated, giving my wounds a glance.

The five of us were sitting and standing at the front of the deserted factory. Koenig's corpse lay still on the dirty floor at our feet, it was half an hour after Nick snapped his neck. We were all waiting for me to get my energy back before we could leave. The adrenaline from the fight had wearied off and now I'm left with shooting pains all over my body.

"Come Ellie, I'm right behind you." Elena mutter from behind me on the steps while I tried to stand up.

My body went slack from no energy and I felt myself start to fall but two strong arms wrap themselves under my knees and behind my back. Nick lifted me into a bridal style hold, before following the others to the car.

 Nick lifted me into a bridal style hold, before following the others to the car

"I got you Els, I got you." I hear Nick whispers before I pass out.

******

It was the following day after the events of yesterday, Nick and I were at Nick's aunts house. She is a midwife and lucky knows exactly what I'm going through with this baby who is growing rapidly. I was five weeks pregnant with less then eight months to go before the baby is coming.

"Okay this might be a bit cold." Dr. Sorrentino warns me, placing the cool gel over my large belly as I lay on the surgical chair. I wince and shiver from the icy feeling against my warm skin.

"Okay, it seems your going to be having another Miss.Sorrentino." She announces.

"We're having a little girl."Nick breathes out shocked but a grin taking over his features and his eyes glossing over.

"She looks healthy and strong." Dr.Sorrentino nods her head, looking straight at the screen.

"I knew it. She's a tough one like her mom." I tell them, proud of my little girl.