Chapter 32: Lew Creek

Start from the beginning

"Hektor!" Jero yelled, but the teen was having not of it.

"Told alla ya ta fight dem bastards, buh y'all were too scar—" Hektor's tirade stopped as a pair of blades shone in the sunlight inches away from his neck.

"I will not permit any disrespect towards the elder," Jero warned, tightening his grip on the weapons with clear intent.

"Now, now. Everyone calm down," Iason called as he stepped between the two in an attempt to defuse the situation.

"This is so ugly," Paris said in disgust.

"Who're ya calling ugly!" Hektor shouted and made to grab Paris, but the older man nimbly hopped back.

"Huhu... for such an ugly child to try and catch me. Words cannot describe my amusement," Paris taunted with a dazzling smile that only set the boy off.

"I'll murder ya!" Hektor yelled and pounced on Paris, but was stopped mid-air by a pair of hands wrapped around his midriff. "Lemme go!" he cried and accidentally elbowed Iason in the face. He paled as he realized he had messed up. "Oh, crap..."

Veins bulged on the bald man's head as he gritted his teeth and slammed Hektor to the ground in a German suplex. The situation quickly escalated into a war of words and blows while Kashi, Kira, and the twins watched the exchange.

"Won't you stop them?" Alex asked. He had a light voice resembling that of a child's.

"Not yet. Let them tire themselves out," Kashi replied as he sat on the ground. "Care to join me? I have prepared a few snacks and drinks from the local plants."

"I would be honored," Alex said as he and his brother sat down and accepted a cup of steaming tea from Kashi. "Mmm... Most divine."

Fifteen minutes later

"And why are you guys just drinking tea!" Iason angrily berated when he noticed for the first time since the bout began that a few members were missing.

Kashi looked up from his delicious tea, an indiscernible look on his face. "We were awaiting your bonding session to be over." There was something about the calm way he said it that doused all of the tension and made Hektor, Paris, and the rest feel sillier than little children. They let go of each other and turned to the elf, sharing the same thought. 'I'll kill ya.'

Kashi could see the bloodlust in their eyes and leaked a wry smile. 'Why do my partners always want me dead?' Meh, at least they were united.

"You didn't tell us why you were so polite to the bandits," Narkis said. His voice was exactly like his brother's and Kashi hoped he did not start mixing them up.

"Ah, yes," Kashi said. "You all looked at the citizens and their conditions upon entry, however, you failed to take note of our true reason for approaching this town."