Harry

WOW GUYS!! 152 reads! I guess that means you get another chapter, huh? (THE SEVEN GET SORTED IN THIS CHAPTER!!!) BTW, I'm just letting you know that I promise to NOT have this story be too cliche, like having the seven all get into Gryffindor (bc let's face it, we all know Annabae is Ravenclaw). ALSO Harry will not be mean and stuck up like in some other fanfics. So I guess that's all I have to say. I hope you enjoy!!!

          "Oi, Harry! Can you pass the chicken legs?"

          I leaned over and grabbed the basket of greasy chicken legs, and passed it to one of my best friends, Ron Weasley. Hermione shook my arm, trying to carry on the conversation we had been having.

          "Harry! Were you even listening to me?"

          "Mhm," I said, refocusing back on my food.

          Hermione rapped on my head with her knuckles impatiently.

          "Ouch! What was that for?" I complained, rubbing my head.

          "I asked if you've heard about the American exchange students. Word's been going around they were spotted on the train."

          "Blimey, how can there be exchange students for a wizarding school?" Ron butted in. "They're not gonna know anything."

          Before any of us could say anything else, Dumbledore started talking. "Welcome, first years, and returning students. Before we continue with the feast, there is something I must tell you about."

          Hermione elbowed me. "The exchange students."

          "I'm sure several of you have heard about having American exchange students," Dumbledore started.

          "See?" Hermione hissed.

          "They have never be involved in our world before, but they have a strong aptitude for magic. If they are in your house, I expect you to treat them with kindness and patience. I will need several students in their year to teach them basics like riding a broomstick and such." Dumbledore ignored a few snickering Slytherins, and waved his hand. "Filch, bring them in."

          The old caretaker opened the doors to the Great Hall, and seven kids around our age walked in.

          "Judging from the way they're nudging each other, they're all very close friends," Hermione whispered. "But they're also really nervous."

          "Are they?" I asked.

          Hermione rolled her eyes. "Honestly, you're so thick sometimes."

          I glanced at Ron, and we both shrugged before focusing back on the students. They reached the front, and waited in front of Professor McGonagall.

          McGonagall held the Sorting Hat with one hand, and a sheet of paper with the other. "Chase, Annabeth."

          A pretty blonde girl stepped forward and sat on the chair. Her expression was pleasant, but her eyes were as hard as steel. She glanced over at one of the other kids, a boy with tousled black hair, as McGonagall set the Sorting Hat on her head.

          "Hm..." the Sorting Hat bent over, thinking. "Bravery, no doubt about that, a good mind too... but a half- oh, I see, Dumbledore's up to his old tricks again... better be... RAVENCLAW!"

          The entire Ravenclaw table stood up and cheered as the girl named Annabeth gave the hat back to McGonagall and walked over to the Ravenclaw table. I wrinkled my brow and leaned across the table to talk with Ron.