Piper

WOW I've got 105 reads! Thanks guys. :)

          "Platform 9 ¾?" Annabeth shook her head. "It must be a typo. We'll have to ask someone."

          But after spending ten minutes of walking back and forth between platforms 9 and 10, and questioning several mortals, we were no closer to finding the right platform. All the while, the minute hand on the large clock overhead crept closer to 11 o'clock.

          "We can't miss the train," Hazel said, pursing her lips. "Otherwise, we'll be stuck here in the UK."

          I found the trainmaster, and started to use my charmspeak. "Excuse me, sir, but where can I find platform 9 ¾?"

          He wrinkled his brow, looking dazed. "That don't exist, ma'am."

          "Ok, so what about the train to Hogwarts? Where can I find that?"

          "No such thing ma'am. I dunno what you're talkin' about."

          I sighed and stepped back to my friends. "Well, according to mortals, it doesn't exist. It must be strongly shielded by the Mist."

          "Well, we still have a half hour before the train leaves," Frank protested. "Surely, we can find someone else who is also going there."

          "Uh, guys?" Leo piped up.

          "Well, maybe the school doesn't exist! Maybe it's just a joke!" Annabeth shot back at Frank.

          "Guys?"

          "Chiron wouldn't do that!" Frank countered.

          "GUYS!"

          "What is it, Leo?" I asked, tired of everyone bickering.

          Leo pointed. "Well, I might just be seeing things, but I could swear at least ten people just ran into the stone pillar and disappeared."

          We all fell silent and stared at the brick pillar he was talking about. Nothing happened. "Leo, maybe you're just seeing things. It's been a long day, even though it's still morning," I said gently.

          At that moment, a large family full of redheads passed, each pushing a cart loaded with suitcases. "Are they related to Rachel?" Percy whispered to Annabeth. Annabeth whacked his arm in response. The redhead family headed for the pillar Leo had been talking about.

          Blink.

          The family rushed at the pillar, and disappeared, as though it had swallowed them whole. Hazel patted Leo's arm. "Good detective work, Leo. Let's go guys."

          We pushed our carts to the brick pillar, and one by one walked straight into it. I went in second to last, with Jason bringing up the rear. We passed through the solid-looking wall and came out on the other side, next to a large old-fashioned looking train that read 'wargsHot srepxEs' on the side. After a few moments of staring, I realized that it read 'Hogwarts Express.'

          "Everyone here?" Jason asked. I did a quick headcount to confirm.

          "Okay then, let's get on the train," Leo said, making a face. We all boarded, and walked down the center aisle, looking for an empty compartment that could fit all of us.

          "Hey guys, this one's empty," Percy called, finding one of the few that didn't have anyone in it. We crammed into the compartment that was only supposed to seat six and shoved our baggage onto an overhead rack.