17. News

Rose stood up and brushed herself off. She turned to Scorpius with a big smile on her face.
"Thank you," Rose said.
"For what?" Scorpius asked curiously.
"For letting me be a part of the Holyhead Harpies. I figured you'd say no and give me a lecture about Qudditch injuries," Rose said with a laugh.
Scorpius rolled his eyes at her and they sat down to eat their food.
"How should we break the news to our families?" Rose asked him after a while.
"Maybe we could have a party and invite everybody over?" Scorpius suggested.
"A party in our tiny flat?" Rose asked doubtfully.
"We could do it at the Manor," Scorpius suggested again.
Rose nodded.
"I like it. It's settled then. We'll break our news at the party. When will it be then?" Rose asked.
"Saturday? That'll give us almost a week to plan and notify the guests," Scorpius said.
Rose nodded and continued eating.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
They went back home after Rose finished at work and started planning the party. They decided to have a red and green party: red for Gryffindor, green for Slytherin. They also decided to have it catered by The Three Broomsticks since Rose was in good terms with Madam Rosmerta. They agreed to notify the others through Patronuses, which they would start sending out on Tuesday.
After doing all the party planning, they decided to go to sleep. They lay there talking until they fell asleep.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Saturday came quicker than anybody expected. Everyone gathered in the sitting room of Malfoy Manor, eating, drinking, and talking to one another. After a little while, Lily approached Rose and confronted her.
"Spill," Lily said.
Rose have her a questioning look.
"You didn't just decide to have a random party and invite the whole family. Spill," Lily said irritably.
"News. I have news. Well, Scor and I do. I can't just tell you, though. I have to tell everyone at once," Rose explained.
Lily rolled her eyes and smiled before walking away to speak to Hugo.
"When should we tell? People are starting to get suspicious," Rose hissed at Scorpius who was talking to Albus.
"We can now, if you like," Scorpius hissed back.
Rose nodded. She grabbed a fork and tapped it against the glass she held in her hand.
"Attention, everyone. Can I have your attention please?" Rose called through the crowd.
Everyone stopped talking and looked up at Rose expectantly.
"Scorpius and I each have an announcement to make. Scorpius can go first," Rose said, gesturing to Scorpius.
Scorpius glared at her as if to say why do I have to go first?
Rose smiled and he turned to the crowd.
"Okay. First of all, I proposed to Rose on Sunday. She said yes. We're getting married," Scorpius said with a broad grin.
Everyone awed at the news. Rose held up her hand to show off the ring.
"Alright. Now for my news. I was invited to join the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team on Monday and I accepted. I'm going to be a professional Quidditch player," Rose said with a smile.
Everyone clapped and Ginny and Harry even whistled. Everyone knew that the Potters were known for their amazing Quidditch skills. Everyone gathered around Rose and Scorpius to congratulate them for their amazing news.
"You're taking my place on the team! I'm so proud! They told me they had someone in mind, but they didn't tell me it was you!" Ginny exclaimed, hugging her niece.
Rose smiled.
"They told me I'd be replacing you. Said you were getting up in age and whatnot," Rose joked.
"Haha. Very funny," Ginny replied.
Harry came next.
"I'm so proud of you, Rosie. Taking after your uncle, I hope," he said with a wink.
Rose laughed.
"Well, I definitely don't take after Mum, that's for sure. She's horrible on a broom. Dad's alright," Rose said with a smile.
Harry chuckled.
"Yeah, your mum hated brooms. She wouldn't even ride on the back of one. Something about falling off," Harry laughed.
Rose smiled and hugged her uncle.
Next came her mum and dad.
"We're proud of you, Rosie. Just be careful. Broomstick accidents are extremely common," Hermione warned.
Rose nodded.
"I know, Mum. I'll be careful," Rose agreed.
Ron and Hermione smiled and enveloped their daughter into a hug.
"Also, we are ecstatic that you're getting married. If you need help planning, ask me," Hermione said with a wink.
Rose smiled.
"I will, Mum," Rose said.
Hermione smiled and kissed Rose's forehead lightly before moving on to congratulate Scorpius on the engagement.
Rose made eye contact with Scorpius for a minute. They smiled at one another before returning their attention to the family surrounding them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Rose's first Quidditch game was the Saturday after the party. She was nervous, but also excited. She would be Chaser, which was a position she had never played, but it was a new experience.
She went into work on Monday and went straight to her mum's office.
"Hi, Rosie," Hermione said without looking up from her paperwork.
"Hi mum. We need to talk about my hours, considering my new Quidditch career," Rose said, folding her hands in front of her.
"Ah, yes. Hours. Well, when do you have practice?" Hermione asked her.
"Every Tuesday and Thursday, 12-5," Rose replied.
"That's a lot of practice!" Hermione said.
"Well, it is a professional Quidditch team," Rose replied.
Hermione nodded and pulled out her calendar.
"I can have you work 7-11 those days you have practice. That way you have an hour between the time you get off and the time that practice starts," Hermione said.
Rose nodded.
"That'll work. Thanks mum," Rose said, turning to leave.
"No problem! Don't work too hard, sweetie!" Hermione called after her.
Rose nodded and waved as she walked out the door.
She went back to her office to find Scorpius there.
"What are you doing here?" Rose asked him.
"I got bored at the flat, so I thought I'd come see you," Scorpius replied.
"Ah. Well, take a seat. You can stay for a bit, but I have to get some work done," Rose said.
Scorpius grabbed the chair in front of Rose's desk and moved it over beside Rose's desk chair. She was about to sit in her own chair, but Scorpius looked at her and shook his head.
"Come here," he said, patting his leg.
Rose rolled her eyes and sat down on Scorpius's lap, pulling her papers towards her. She started to fill things in, but Scorpius started kissing her on the neck.
"Scorpius Malfoy, stop that," Rose warned.
He didn't stop.
"If you don't stop, I'll go back to my own chair," Rose said.
He stopped immediately as she pretended to move away.
"Alright, alright. I'll stop. To be continued, then," Scorpius said with a sigh.
Rose laughed and went back to her papers.

---

This was more of a filler chapter. I just wrote this so that I could have something in between the excitement.

The next chapter will be Rose's first Quidditch game as a Holyhead Harpies Chaser. I can't wait for that chapter...mwah ha ha....I have plans...

Lol...get excited! 😜

Remember to read, vote, and comment!!!!!

~Hayley⚡️