Chapter 19: Happy Birthday...?

PLEASE READ A/N 2 AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

As the next few months roll on by, very little progress has been made on the artificial soul. Stress was put on everyone in the Underground once word of Papyrus' death got out.

You lay in bed, wondering about what would have happened if you or Sans had convinced Papyri to stay around.

Pulling your phone out constantly, you kept staring and rereading the text from the unknown person. 'The ones who will lie through their teeth...' That couldn't be Sans they're talking about... Could it?

Finally deciding to leave your room, which was Papyrus' old room, you head downstairs and into the kitchen. With Sans not doing much at all, you had to do most things around the house.

You walk to the sink and start washing the plates that were from dinners never eaten. Sighing, you finish up the dishes and decide to get yourself some water.

Taking a sip, you walk into the living room and sit on the couch. Something was nagging you, telling you that today was a special day.

You keep contemplating about what today was as you stared up at the ceiling. Rubbing your temples, you close your eyes and clear your mind.

Feeling your phone vibrate, you pull out of your trance and grab it. The unknown person had texted you a message. You didn't want to open it but you decided to anyways.

"You know about the timelines, the resets, the paths. It just seems like a dream... Or maybe a game. To me, it's a game. The choices you make impact the results, just like a game. You can make friends, enemies, and lovers, just like a game. This world, is like a game. You, my friend, are in a game."

The text confused you, making you get a little bit of a migraine. Not worrying about the message, you decided to check your calendar, seeing if today was really something special.

You look at the date and you gasp a tiny bit. You had almost forgotten that today was Sans' birthday! You had been looking forward for it for a few weeks, just hoping it would help cheer Sans up a little bit.

Grabbing your jacket, you run out the door and into the bitter, crisp wind of Snowden. With the snow crunching under your feet, you walk to the shop.

The purple bunny woman smiled at you, her cheek stained with tears. She must have heard about Papyrus not that long ago.

"I'm so sorry about Papyrus (Y/N). I understand that he was like a little brother to you just as much as he was Sans'. Anyways, what can I help you with?" The bunny woman smiled sadly at you.

Smiling at her, you explain that you want to get something for Sans' birthday that might just bring a smile to his face for once.

"How about maybe give him a memento, something for him to remember all the times he had with Papyrus?" You thought for a moment before nodding. That would make him happy... Right?

You thank her and leave the shop, snow crunching under you. You had to think of a way to make him remember the good times that he had with Papyrus.

As you enter the house, everything was silent. Sighing, you lay your jacket on the couch and flop down onto it.

Pulling your phone out, you look at some pictures you had taken when you were younger with Sans and Papyrus. Smiling, you decided that some of these pictures might just be the thing to help Sans smile again.

***Timeskip***

After finally finding a place to print the pictures, you head to the shop and by a photo album. Once you get home, you decide to start putting the pictures inside the album.