Chapter 3: Puzzles, and Puzzles, and Pie, Oh My

Toriel is standing over you with a worried look. You wanted to hug her or say something to her but you couldn't. You just almost got killed by a flower so you weren't sure if you even wanted to do anything at all.

"What a cretin, torturing such a poor, innocent youth." Toriel said in a quiet, but caring, voice. She looked at you with a caring smile. You knew she was one of the kindest people you knew so you knew you could trust her.

"I am Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins. What is your name, my child?" Toriel asks. You stared at her confused. She never could have forgotten you. She even said you were like a daughter to her.

"Does she not remember me?" You thought as you sighed.

"My name is (Y/N)." You spoked softly, but she could still hear you

"What a lovely name that is my child. That name reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it" Toriel says with a raised eyebrow. You were surprised that she couldn't remember you. Yes, it had been eight years but still. You didn't know what to say to her.

"Anyways, please follow me. I will guide you through the ruins." She puts her hand in front of your face and you grab a hold of her hand. She helps you stand up on your twisted leg and you winced in pain. Even though you really didn't show the pain in your facial features, she noticed.

"Oh dear. Is your leg alright my child?" Toriel looks at you with a concerned look. You nod your head. She didn't quite believe you but she dropped the subject. She kept ahold of your hand as she guided you through all different kinds of puzzles in the ruins.

The first puzzle was a button pushing puzzle where you had to step on certain buttons in order. Toriel then sent you through some puzzles, including spikes, pushing stubborn rocks, and pulling switches.

After about two hours of solving puzzles and limping down corridors, you meet back at Toriel's house in the Ruins. She greets you outside of the house and she walks you inside. The house was very tiny but tidy. The walls were a light yellow and the wooden floor looked like it was birch wood. In the corner was a bookcase and in the other corner was a table with yellow tulips. There were some stairs that were going down to presumably the basement.

"I will make you Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie if that is alright my child." Toriel asked and you smiled before nodding excitedly. You remember your parents making you butterscotch cinnamon pie when you were younger. Most of the time it was for special occasions like your birthday or Christmas when they made it. The last time you had it was on Thanksgiving.

"Wonderful! First, I would like to show you to your room." Toriel takes your hand in her's and leads you down a hallway to your right. You follow Toriel to the first door on you left. She ruffles your hair before you and her both smell something.

"Oh! Um goodbye my child." She quickly runs off towards what most likely is the kitchen. You giggle as you open the door and walk in. Everything in the bedroom is basically red, including the drawings. You didn't really mind though because most of your friends like red a lot.

You stumble over to the bed and lay down on it. The soothing sound of nothingness and your breathing makes your eyes grow heavy. You finally let your eyes close as you fall fast asleep.

You awake to the smell of something delicious. You open your eyes fully to look at what you were smelling. It was a slice of Butterscotch Cinnamon Pie. You smile at the thought of Toriel coming into your room and leaving you a slice to eat once you woke up. You turn upright and you realize you don't feel any pain in your leg. You look at the leg you twisted when you fell and it was fully healed. You shrugged it off as you grabbed the pie and started eating.

Nom... Nom... Nom...

The pie was so delicious that you ate the pie in about five minutes, maybe even less than that. You walk over to your bedroom door and open it. Walking down the rest of the hallway, you open another door and walk in. The room was blue and you saw a queen size bed. "This must be Toriel's room." you thought as you walked out of the room and down to the end of the hall.

There was another door with a sign saying "Under Renovations" and you decided to not walk in the door. You keep walking until you reach the end of the hall. There was a mirror and a potted plant. You look in the mirror and as you were expecting, it was you.

You walk all the way back to the other end of the hall and into another room and saw Toriel, sitting in a chair, reading a book. She sat by the fire, which crackled warmly as you walked up to her. Looking up from her book, she smiled at you.

"Oh, hello my child. You finally woke up. How was your nap?" she asks, with a curious tone in her voice.

"It was perfectly fine. Thank you for the pie by the way. It was very delicious." you smile as you said those words. She smiled back at you before speaking again. She started talking about her book which was titled "72 Facts About Snails". You learn that snails sometimes flip their digestive systems. You were grossed out by that fact but didn't care.

"Oh, I am sorry for rambling. Did you want something?" she asked. You were nervous about asking this question. You had been thinking about this for some time now and didn't know how to ask her this but you did anyway.

"How do I exit the ruins?" you asked in a quiet voice, but loud enough for her to hear. She looked at you with a surprised, but hurt, expression that made your heart drop. Telling the woman, who had babysat you when you were younger that you wanted to leave her, hurt.

"I will be right back." She sat down her book and ran off and down the stairs. You followed her down the stairs, thinking what could be down in the basement that was so important.

Chapter 4: Heartache: Coming Soon!

A/N: I own none of the characters. Toby Fox, the creator of Undertale and it's characters, is the owner. All I own is the story and the plot line.